HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

And the funnyface wasn't supposed to be thee either! Hmmmm! 

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BigTPoppa wrote:

Can anyone tell me anything about Propay? Is it also owned by EBAY and PAYPAL? Or is it just owned by EBAY. It is the first time I ever saw this method payment today and it asked for certain information I was not comfortable giving.

BigTPoppa

I did some research on ProPay and check out this link:  http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100201005391&ne...

“As eBay’s first electronic payment method added in addition to PayPal and credit cards, we’re extremely pleased to be part of eBay’s New Buyer Protection program,” said Gary Goodrich, CEO of ProPay. “

It would appear that ProPay has been drinking the kool aid and embraces eBay's buyer protection--also known as scr** the sellers. 

Since I have been following the financial and international news about eBay and the fact that PayPal has become so profitable through its acceptance by so many other merchants that it is predicted that it will spin out from  eBay's control which could mean that eBay is lining up ProPay as the replacement for PayPal.  Just a thought!

I think I opened an account with ProPay  that I never  used--if so consider it closed.  I am enjoying googlecheckout.com.  If PayPal does become independent I will return unless eBay prohibits them or requires PayPal to still hold funds for eBay transactions.

I just keep reading and researching and it is becoming increasingly apparent that this all leads back to eBay's policy and PayPal has no choice--hence we cannot get straight answers from PayPal.  If you try to contact eBay about these holds they do not answer either and refer  you to PayPal. 

Catch 22!

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I just love eBay/Paypal's logic--holding seller's funds protects buyers.  After 8 years of casually selling and buying on eBay I had a seller who I paid $8.00 through Paypal for a DVD  and never received it. After 10 days I attempted to contact the seller directly however discovered that he was no longer a registered user.  Interesting that this happened last week after we were all told about our funds being held to protect buyers.  Surprise!  As a buyer I filed a complaint with eBay but was informed I had to document the attempts I made to contact the seller before they would take action.  I finally was able to file a claim.  No action-no surprise! I then filed my compliant with Paypal--again same scenario--contact the seller first.  Not able to since he is no longer registered--OMG--do I really have to keep pointing this out?  Anyway finally was able to escalate this to a Paypal dispute and am informed that they have sent an email to the seller who has 2 weeks to respond before Paypal takes action.  Conclusion?  Obviously protecting buyers is certainly not what Paypal is doing by holding funds for if this were true I would have a refund of $8.00 by now.  There is nothing at all about holding funds that is helping buyers or sellers--we are all equally being ***beeped***.  (I beeped myself so Paypal does not have to put themselves out by policing these forums for "bad words") 

Another thought that makes you go hmmmm--I have a good friend in France and she saves shipping costs by sending items to me and then she sends me cash through Paypal to send her purchases all at one time.  I informed her immediately about this and apparently international sellers going through Paypal are not aware of this policy change.  Any sellers who know this to be true?

Login to Me Too

Mred
Contributor
Contributor
I added tracking numbers and these people are still holding my money. I'm not using this anyomer. They just want to get their hands on the money, buying the shipping through them etc. This is a violation of anti-trust laws.
Login to Me Too

DONEWITHTHIS

Just found out this policy the hardway. Can't ship without adding money as my funds are on hold. The fees they charge are not enough but now they accrue 21 days interest on all pending transactions? I have 100% feedback rating and have never had an issue, this is a joke. My business is done here. Maybe all the extra cash they are extorting from us will make up for the people who don't return to use their service. I'm sure the finance pin heads ran those numbers when they were whipping us this scam.

Good bye paypal.

Login to Me Too

RubyRed

This is my money not paypal. I should have been told about this before using this bull....

Login to Me Too

scottcnc
Contributor
Contributor

I have been an ebay member for 8 plus years and had to create a new user name and start all over due to a recent seperation. I am devestated that you are holding my funds that were paid to me for a product that i have already shipped. These new rules are a complete rip off. You no longer will let us use money orders to monopolize the market and maxmise your profits. I think i will just start using craiglist. Paypal is owned by ebay. and everyone is right. you got your name and recongnition by us small time users. Now that your big, you just need to weed out all the small time users that got your company started...I suggest everyone switch to craigs list...

Login to Me Too

jewelsbyanita
Contributor
Contributor

does craigslist have business sites?

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor
Started a little slow in here today. Didn't look good, thought maybe it was coming to an end. Then I looked again and most of you are new to what has happened here. OLDSELLER welcome aboard, and everyone else. So far we are fighting tooth and nail in here and everywhere else. Go check out LETSSUEPAYPAL.COM, write your Attorney General, contact the BBB, FTC, and anyone else you can think of. Call them, do whatever as this fight goes on, they will not crush the little guy in here, or small town America. We made them who they are, we gave them what they have. They are nothing without us, and to do this and think otherwise is pure stupidity. We stand United from one end of America to the other, and we will win. Sure they have scammed us, betrayed us, turned their backs on us, but when this is over and all is said and done, what comes around goes around. So as they scam our interest on our money, fine, because as we stand and fight they will lose millions of us and it will impact their shareholders. They are hoping this will go away and we will move on, they are counting on us to give up, they are predicting our futures and our human nature by believing they can do what they want and we will make a little noise then go away. Maybe they have under estimated and miscalculated who and what we are as the little guy, the small town, the farmer, and for this they will pay! We are America, we are the people who make this country work, and we will now stop as these fat cat greed mongers from ripping us off over and over and over again! Let's go rock and roll! WE LIVE ANOTHER DAY
Login to Me Too

morrisjunction
New Community Member
I can't believe they think this is good business...I have shipped and did a follow up. My customers have not even left feedbacks. So it is money out of my own pocket. However I did notice that Paypal/Ebay have collected the fees they charge. This is the worst way to do business and it is not necessary despite what they say in the explanation. My feeling is that if I do not have my money than the transaction is NOT complete and therefore the product can't be shipped. I think I will find a another way for payment and drop PayPal!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.