HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

angiep223
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal doesnt care what we write, it doesnt matter that alot of ppl have stopped selling on ebay. they dont give a rats butt.

They think this policy was good idea for the buyers, what about the sellers. like i said they dont care. 

they **bleep**

Login to Me Too

annevenier
Contributor
Contributor

angieluvshoppin
New Community Member

hi  paypal is doing my head in there holding a payment which is owed to me as the buyer had few problems , that has now been resolved , but still holding my payment , there quick enough to take there percentage , there communication is rubbish , phone call after phone call i made and no joy as yet what a load of ....:(

Login to Me Too

patto1412

I have e bay holding money because items not delivered.I have delivered all items today.I know late due to a death in the family I had other priorities.When will not be on hold because until then I cant use my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

mummachick
Contributor
Contributor

I just got thrown off eBay after 3 years. I questioned it - spent 2 hours on phone to register appeal. Was told I would get an email by late Monday or Tuesday. Never heard a thing. I have 1 negative in 6 months which I could not challenge by eBay's rules. But, "I am more than welcome to buy on eBay" - are you kidding me? 

Yep they just deleted my listings including one with bids and 4 with people watching. Don't know if it's even worth another 120 cell phone minutes again to try to get this overturned.... Can't help wondering if my participation in this blog might have had anything to do with it?

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor
Mummachick wrote:
I just got thrown off eBay after 3 years. I questioned it - spent 2 hours on phone to register appeal. Was told I would get an email by late Monday or Tuesday. Never heard a thing. I have 1 negative in 6 months which I could not challenge by eBay's rules. But, "I am more than welcome to buy on eBay" - are you kidding me?
Yep they just deleted my listings including one with bids and 4 with people watching. Don't know if it's even worth another 120 cell phone minutes again to try to get this overturned.... Can't help wondering if my participation in this blog might have had anything to do with it?
Wow!! That was really drastic! No, don't waist another 120 precious cell phone minutes. You've been on this board long enough to know that there are other sites and money transfer systems to do business with. You just said a couple of pages ago that you had a little success with Bonanza!
Login to Me Too

oh
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why my funds are being held for 21 day when the buyer agrees to the term of the sale in my ad's, (3 DAYS TO RETURN ) I WILL BE GOING TO WHAT EVER OFFICE I NEED TO ,TO GET THIS AMENDED. I FEEL AND I BELIEVE  THAT THE B.B.B. MAY AGREE. WHEN I ALLOW YOU , THE BUYER ,3 DAYS FROM DATE OF RECEIPT, TO  LAY CLAIM TO ANY DEFECT, DEFRAUD, OR MISREPRESENTATION OF ANY ITEM I HAVE UP FOR SALE. WHEN THIS IS NOT DONE IN THAT TIME FRAME ,THEN  THE SAID FUNDS SHOULD BE RELEASED TO THE SELLER.   T.C. AUCTION BARN

Login to Me Too

iamkosmos
New Community Member

Im flaming mad right now. I didnt even sell anything over Ebay, i give lessons in Adobe over Skype and my students from other states pay me through PayPal. One of my students paid me $100 on Wednesday the 13th of April and the funds have been put on a 21 day pending hold. How am i supposed to show proof via shipping labels and feedback if i didnt even sell anything?!?!?!?! This is ridiculous!!!!!

Login to Me Too

leliophelia

I think it's ridiculous and insulting.

The criteria is too simple, and it's more appropriate for ebay sellers than it is for anything else. I use paypal for my art print site, and I ship my prints in shipping tubes, and there's no possible way for me to print labels for the sales that is a cheap as going to the post office itself, so that's what I do. I also have many international customers, and I don't dare print those labels online either, because I know I can get a cheaper, more accurate price when I go to the post office myself.

It's completly infuriating. I have never had a complaint or issue taken to paypal by any of my customers. I feel like I'm being punished for something I haven't done.

Login to Me Too

tsengp
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has held up my money for 10 days - $50,000!!!!  I know they are holding it up and earning interest off it while not releasing it back to my account b/c there is no way an ACH transaction, that is automatic, could be held up for so long.  They are a shady company and if this matter is not resolved this week, I am reporting them to the BBB.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.