HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

I never even talked to you, and yours is quite short itself. Sorry I am new to this so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

I took your advice and I made them shorter.  Take it easy you are and were right!  I thought just what you said these are posts not war stories.  Maybe now and then a long one is good, but you are right.  All the time, what am I writing a book?  So I am truly sorry if you took it wrong, cause at first I resisted what you said, then I came to my senses and agreed.  That's American, and so is saying sorry even if it was never my intend to sound in-polite.  So I am sorry, this is my apology and I hope you accept it as being sincere.  Let's move on we have bigger fish to fry!

YOU  GO  GIRL

Login to Me Too

ranger
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just getting into reading this forum.

So as a buyer, do I have to leave a good feedback just so the seller will ship my item?   I'm twiddling my thumbs right now cause I'm still waiting on a seller to ship my item.  I paid a week ago.    I'm not waiting 21 days.

This is **bleep**ing both buyer and sellers.

Login to Me Too

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we will all keep it shorter for our points to be heard. Some of us can not articulate as

well as others of which I am one of those. So, in view of keeping it short. Let's not lose our

focus, it is Pay Pal that is the center of destruction. Let all work on that.

Login to Me Too

blueballoon
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay OWNS PayPal!! Didn't you guys know that? Doesn't that explain a few things?

Login to Me Too

jewelsbyanita
Contributor
Contributor

Banksters are at it again...I wasn't even aware that paypal was doing this but I did find out recently that they increased my interest to 29% even though I consistently pay off my account!....I am no longer going to use their credit card for anything I purchase...maybe they will figure out that **bleep**ing your customers doesn't keep them around for long....we need to figure out a system around these crooks...

Login to Me Too

jfmastrangelo

Ebay OWNS PayPal

Login to Me Too

asdcompany
Contributor
Contributor

ya I always use my paypal debit card for shipping so maybe I shouldn't. It's just easier for me that way so I keep ebay separate from my other stuff. They really have me confused now. They were holding my payments and now the last 3 or 4 things I ship there was no hold. It's crazy.

Login to Me Too

junior30king
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have actual proof that paypal and Ebay are owned by the same company? Everyone should come together and file a class action lawsuit. Their are regulations on how much you can be charged and between their initial fees and the interest that they collect on the money being held this has to be too much. I refuse to allow anyone to tell me how to run my business. 

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@junior30king wrote:

Does anyone have actual proof that paypal and Ebay are owned by the same company? Everyone should come together and file a class action lawsuit. Their are regulations on how much you can be charged and between their initial fees and the interest that they collect on the money being held this has to be too much. I refuse to allow anyone to tell me how to run my business. 

Hi Junior,

eBay owning Paypal is old news.  The acquisition of Paypal was in 2002 for 1.5 Billion.  Check this article from CNN from July, 2008:  http://archives.cnn.com/2002/BUSINESS/07/08/ebay.paypal/index.html

For other eyeopening information about all of the companies that eBay has acquired along with their financials--BTW their stock dropped by 1.79% on Friday January 15--, check out http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=EBAY

As for filing a class action it is consistently posted here to check out www.letsuepaypal.com --you can register there, find more information and there is a law firm collecting information.  So please register and keep this going.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.