HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

devereauxdezine
Contributor
Contributor

Did you mean me?  I hope not....  😞

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor
Go read the almost 400 page thread 0n Holding Funds for 21 Days is Horrible. The stories are endless! There is an alternative discussed repeatedly, however: Dump EBay and Paypal. Explore other selling and paying venues, like Craig's List and Etsy!
Login to Me Too

gagaforgaga2010
Contributor
Contributor

I WANT MY MONEY! you know that commercial where people say "IT"S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW"? Never were words spoken that were more true. I made my first sale on ebay over a month ago, and still haven't received my money. I am a college student that is living paycheck to paycheck and I NEED to start selling on ebay to supplement this. I have never had any problems with paypal up to this point. I have done everything, I even got a transaction number from the buyer. I am calling tomorrow and raising **bleep**. this is ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Simply stated

NO ONE needs TO SELL ON EBAY OR USE PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

TravisHuckins
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I have fallen plague to th "21 day hold" and all I can think of is why? Sure I am a relatively new seller on ebay but I never once had any issues. I had nothing but positive feddback. It was mentioned that the hold was in place so that items could be refunded, but I never accepted returns. Why should paypal have to hold onto funds for a possible refund if it isn't possible to return that item. Recently I sold a book for 99 cents. Even if it was returnable, how hard would it be to pay 99 cents out of my bank account.

Login to Me Too

the_grot_shoppe
Contributor
Contributor

We're stuck using it because it's the onlty site people are familar with and will use.

I have another site I sell on and tell people to send me checks or money orders. I HATE paypal!

Login to Me Too

chipsdigital
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the link  to the San Jose Police Dept

I am dead serious. . . I filed on a few hours ago. 

Login to Me Too

chipsdigital
Contributor
Contributor

If you are trying to close your account and/or use money that pay pal is holding, this is illegal.  File fraud charges w/ the san jose police dept                   

I am dead serious

Login to Me Too

xapril07x
Contributor
Contributor

... are you saying that paypal holding our money is illegal?

Login to Me Too

PHeartVet
Contributor
Contributor

This logic doesnt make any since!! especially when ive already used my money to ship the item........and then they want to access my bank account to retain the selling fees from an item that they are holding the funds for................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!, I REFUSE TO LET ANYMORE MONEY GO UNTIL THOSE FUNDS ARE RELEASED........WHY IMPLEMENT A RULE THAT KEEPS TAKING FROM THE SELLER.........BUT YET PAYPAL AND EBAY GETS PAID..............PAYPAL TAKES THEIR FEES OUT BUT HOLDS THE REST ...........GO FIGURE!!! THEN WANTS TO PAY EBAY WITH MONEY FROM MY OWN ACCOUNT WHILE THEY HOLD MONEY FROM AN ITEM THAT EBAY WANTS TO GET PAID FROM............RIDICULOUS!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.