HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

RAC
Contributor
Contributor

The website of Jacoby & Meyers is: Is law firm that is sueing paypals  http://www.jacoby-meyers.com/

Login to Me Too

Thanksfornothin
Contributor
Contributor

GOSH! I am an Ebay Top Rated Seller this month! And this is how I get treated..........hold funds on me after 5 years in business, 100% feedback, and 4.8 to 5.0 DSR's. What does a person have to do to not have holds - hand deliver the same day?! I am sooooooo outta here.

Login to Me Too

MarcoGee
Contributor
Contributor

I just got my email notice today as to the hold. I can't believe it!! I been selling for years all DSR's above 4.8, 100% feedback satisfaction, NO NEGATIVES , NO NEUTRALS, 386 feedback score, never had a single complaint.  Now my money got to be held for 21 days!! WOW..  And it began today...That auction was opened BEFORE I got this notice yet they took their $1.50 but are holding my $40 !! I am going to call them today and see what's going on....I can't believe it!!!

Login to Me Too

buggy2008
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with every one here, to hold money from the seller is wrong and I for one am not going to keep my account after my funds release I am done with it. If it was not for us paypal would not be here or making any money. They are going to drive all the occasianal sellers away and I know a few people that have already closed their accounts and I know alot more that will be soon. In my case paypal causes disputes because I will not send anything until payment is recieved, you can not go to the store and tell them I am taking this and I will be there in 21 days to pay for it. I have had one dispute recently because I was in the hospital with heart problems and now paypal desided to hold every payment I get. I am with all of you I hope that every one complains enough and this is changed.

Login to Me Too

Phantthom
Contributor
Contributor

why not just get a check or money order mailed to me? After all I am waiting  TWENTY ONE DAYS to use a service SPECIFICALLY TO EXPEDITE THE TRANSACTION FOR A PREMIUM WHICH IS NOT HELD FOR 21 DAYS. It is deposited immediately into PAYPAL account. And by the way I advertise that the buyer is paying for shipping....THAT IS WHY I CHARGE THE BUYER. MY item has been delivered and I have proof of signatured delivery, yet my funds are still in this rediculous IMPOUND despite PAYPAL stating specifically funds to be released upon verified delivery. 100% positive feedback on my track record. I will offer my customers other options of payment if this despicable policy, instituted unilaterally, continues. PayPal, you are choking your golden goose as you cut your own throat!

Login to Me Too

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to list item that said II will only take USPS money order. eBay sent me email and said I could not do that. If I didn't change the listing they would pull it. If you sell on eBay you have to take paypal or some type of electronic payment.

Login to Me Too

olivia
Contributor
Contributor

I swear that paypal has had a hold on my money for more than 21 days...Ok paypal times up! GIVE ME MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mari234
New Community Member

I've just got back into the ebay selling business and paypal is terrible for the sellers holdiing funds for 21 days is not fair.  I wonder what happens if the buyer decides to refuse the package does that mean the seller loses the shipping cost this is not fair game at all.  I will have to find another way to accept payments.  If possible I will try to avoid paypal all together!!!

Login to Me Too

SAM66
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Mad Just happened to me after years of "no problems".  Don't know why and PP won't tell me.  I wonder if they read these posts or just hope posting here will keep us out of their face.  My item was delivered nearly 2 weeks ago and they still hold my funds.  I think they need to fire someone.

Login to Me Too

StonePilot
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal - F Y and the horse you rode in on.  I hope you all get face cancer and die horrible deaths on the street.

Otherwise, have a nice day.  Enjoy spending the interest you make on the $1250 you have put on hold in my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.