HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

agrmp764
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY, THEY HAVE MADE IT VERY PLAIN THAT THEY DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT OUR COMPLAINTS, THAT IS WHY I HAVE FIRED THEM.

Login to Me Too

quickhitch1
Contributor
Contributor

I love your comment you have fired them. I am sure I will find a better place to sell, or I may go to ProPay. The monthly fee was around $40 dollars but I may be paying that now with all the fees. I have checked out Bonzalle, It seemed slow but maybe I'll pop back over to see if there are more buyers these days. Oh well Ebay used to be a good thing. Thanks and good luck!

Login to Me Too

agrmp764
Contributor
Contributor

CHECK OUT MONEY BOOKERS, PAYMATE, MERCHANTS CREDIT CARD, BUT I'M DONE...IF EVERYONE STOPPED LISTING  FOR A WEEK, OR A MONTH...THINGS WOULD CHANGE.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Agrmp764 wrote:

CHECK OUT MONEY BOOKERS, PAYMATE, MERCHANTS CREDIT CARD, BUT I'M DONE...IF EVERYONE STOPPED LISTING  FOR A WEEK, OR A MONTH...THINGS WOULD CHANGE.

Don't count on it my friend.PayPal is too big.Also, I just happen to state that businesses use PayPal. When I order my music I use my debit card. Are you kidding?? And lastly, I don't think eBay allows any other money transfer system except PayPal ( which would make sense for them ).. Someome posted a while back that they allow others now, but if they did then I don't thimk people would still be blowing up this discussion board.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Agrmp764 wrote:

I  STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH EBAY AND PAYPAL (PAYPAL ESPECIALLY), BUT EBAY GAVE ME 4 LEADS TO "Get away from PayPal":  PROPAY, MONEY BOOKERS, PAYMATE, MERCHANTS CREDIT CARD. I HAVE NOT RESEARCHED THESE YET,  I'M JUST GOING TO TAKE A BREAK FROM BOTH OF THESE PAIN IN THE... BLEEPS...FOR AWHILE, MAYBE FOREVER....I HATE THEM THAT MUCH. ARE THERE ANY COMMENTS OUT THERE?    I'D LIKE TO SEE A LOT OF US CHANGE AWAY FROM PAYPAL , WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ???..................................

Way ahead of you, my friend! I also closed my eBay store and opened up one on ioffer.com, and another on blujay.com.

But don't count PayPal out altogether. A lot of businesses offer PayPal as a form of payment if you're shopping. Even the music site I download the majority of my music from accepts PayPal!

Login to Me Too

angiep223
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal, i told them look at my account, Not EVEN 1 nuetral feedback...they told me that there was nothing they could do and did i ship out the item i just sold, i will send it out friday, but I told the paypal dude i am shutting down all my sales, and i will not sell anything else thru ebay or paypal. He told me not to be rash RASH????? You are holding my money hostage and you call my actions RASH??? who in the heck  ( insert expletive here) do yall think yall are. i told him paypal sucked and that he shouldbe ashamed for working for such a shameful company.

Yeah i cussed alot  sometimes its the only way toget your meaning across

Login to Me Too

agrmp764
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY, I UNDERSTAND ABOUT GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS. WHEN I TALKED WITH PAYPAL, THEY DIDN'T SEEM TO CARE WHAT I DID ( TOLD THEM I WOULD NOT BUY,  NOR SELL USING EBAY-PAYPAL. THEY DON'T CARE ! ( I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT ), THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ME...i DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEM.

Login to Me Too

agrmp764
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY, WHEN I SEE PAYPAL AS THE FORM OF PAYMENT IN OTHER BUSINESS, IF I CAN NOT PAY ANY OTHER WAY...IT SIMPLY MEANS TO ME THAT " I REALLY DON'T NEED THIS ITEM !!!" I  AM THRU WITH PAYPAL, EVERYONE NEEDS TO JUST FIRE THEM !.

Login to Me Too

Tracee_w
New Community Member

As a new seller on Ebay and new using PayPal....I am shocked that this policy applies to everyone. I thought this 21 day hold (which I totally disagree with) applied to new account holders/sellers and would go away after a couple months of selling.

I had to pay out of pocket to ship my first few items which was not easy for me. I'm not sure how they came up with the magic number of 21...even banks only hold large checks for 3 days.

I have noticed that 35% of my buyers in the last 60 days have not bothered to leave feedback. The other 65% have left 100% positive feedback. I have always left feedback on my purchases out of courtesy. Recently I have gone as far as sending an email once i confirmed package was delivered (per tracking number) to follow-up on their satisfaction and still NOTHING.  It's really SAD that the seller is being punished for for buyers lack of response. I feel once package has been confirmed delivered the funds should be released immediately. This hostage of money is really WRONG!!! After reading these comments and seeing that this policy applies to longtime sellers as well, I am starting to really question my longevity with Ebay and Paypal.

Not to mention the claim I have open for missing FUNDS for over 35days and still NOTHING! NO Help from PayPal....I shipped an item to the buyer, buyer received item and is happy with item, buyer left 100% positive feedback - yet her funds were reversed in my account. The buyer doesn't even understand what is happening. Only comment from Paypal is they are investigating issue and unable to make clear judgment. MONEY is no where to be seen...no longer in my pending folder and NOT in my account! Where the heck is it? and I can't get a response from PayPal. This scares me even more as a new user of PayPal and Ebay.

anyways...I'm happy I found these comments and now know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Login to Me Too

quickhitch1
Contributor
Contributor

I am not what state you are in but I would think that PayPal still has to answer to a banking comminssion. I guess I'd check with your bank to see who to call so they can put pressure on Pay Pal to find your money or explain what they have done with it. Good luck to you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.