HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

shetech315
New Community Member

I feel your pain. I have been an new ebay member since 21/7/2010 and my payments are still being held. They (paypal) said it would be 21 day hold. That was 21 days again. Today paypal is still holding my funds. It has been very costly to my checking account to pay some of the shipping costs.

I hope tomorrow they release my funds and yours too.

Login to Me Too

mommiesadie2
New Community Member

I hear you I have had a hold on mine for 21 days and even had 5 star rating from buyer. The only thing I did not use ebay for was the shipping label I mailed it myself. I marked it as shipped but still nothing, it has 22 days in all. I am starting to not like payapl. 

Login to Me Too

laurenmcd08
Contributor
Contributor

I am completely appauled by paypal and ebay right now. Not only for holding MY money for 21 days, but also for completely messing up my bank account. I had previously shipped a few items and they released the funds for the shipping amount right away so yesterday when I went to print three shipping labels, they did not release those funds right away like that had done, and instead attempted to take the money straight from my bank account, which did not have enough money to cover the funds, so I am now facing 75 dollars in overdraft fees! I have the cash to cover the transactions, I just haven't had the time to place them into my bank account yet, and didn't think I would NEED to have that money in there right away anyways! So now I will have to go to my bank and explain my situation and HOPE they are nice enough to understand my position and retract these overdraft fees since it was NOT my fault. Im just a victim. Like everyone else. Paypal an ebay are so awful. After I am done shipping my other items that were sold, I am DONE. UGH! 

Login to Me Too

Rauf107

ADD ME TO THE LIST OF ANGRY SELLERS WHO CANT GET THEIR MONEY!  

AND GOODBYE TO YOU PAYPAL FOR EVERY OVERDRAFT FEES FROM MY BANK!

Login to Me Too

dclayjr
New Community Member

Its been 3 days since my package was marked 'delivered'. Why isnt my money available to transfer yet?? I know there's a 21 day hold, but it also says that you will get it within 3 days of item being marked 'delivered' or 24 hours of buyer leaving good feedback. Yet, My available balance is $0.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

demomof2
Contributor
Contributor

I'd love to see your answer since I am going to have the same problem after tomorrow, hopefully.  I am waiting for my funds to be processed to print the shipping labels and then supposedly the money is immediately available(somehow I doubt it after what I read on here) so that BETTER happen.  I then have to wait the 21 days for the SALE money to clear, which is a bunch of BS.

I will NEVER do ebay again if I can help it.  Not worth what I got for the 2 items I've sold!($58 after shipping)

Melissa

@dclayjr wrote:

Its been 3 days since my package was marked 'delivered'. Why isnt my money available to transfer yet?? I know there's a 21 day hold, but it also says that you will get it within 3 days of item being marked 'delivered' or 24 hours of buyer leaving good feedback. Yet, My available balance is $0.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

SistaJewels
Contributor
Contributor

For almost a year or more, Paypal has held back $1k on my account & a 5% HOLD on any money that I receive. They pay this back over time yet, still hold $1k ?

I have been with Paypal for over 10 years ! I have YET to get a VALID answer as to WHY my money is being held and I have called & called about this very issue and Not one customer service or security Rep has been able to tell me why ? I NEED this lifted.

In today's economy, $1k is a LOT of money. I have Health Issues and need this money for a Variety of personal reasons. It is not anywhere justified in my opinion.

This comes along after I have been an Upstanding member of paypal & Never been in the Red on paypal whatsoever !

I DO love everything such as, the convenience, the kindness of the people that I call that are not in a power position to Do anything about this and the security - all aside from this One detrimental issue.

Has anyone else had this happened ? Has anyone else resolved the same issue? Has anyone else found out WHY this has been rudely imposed on an upstanding member since Paypal Began ! I remember when it was free, when you'd get paid for a referral, when eBay was for the small business and more positive aspects that have b, such as been eliminated from eBay to make it fair for both seller and buyer, such as Fair Trade in having "reciprocal feedback' as there are many buyers that do not pay, etc., however, this is the wrong forum for that so, I will get to the task at hand.

I am not selling Anything on eBay at the moment..yet, I still have this hold. It is almost as bad as a "Usury Law" situation. I hope that a Paypal representative can once and for all get to the bottom of this and give me back my money that they have made money on for over a year. Yes, they give me a tiny bit back for holding MY MONEY, I could make the amount 3 times over just by personal sales with off line customers or even possibly sell again at some point.

$1k back PayPal, PLEASE!

I am verified, have been For Many Years, Can anyone Intelligent or at least in a Power Position Reply ? I guess that I will have to call paypal every single day until I get answers ???

Login to Me Too

dubclub
Contributor
Contributor

seek legal action Smiley Wink

They got no rights to the money,,their ment to processinstant from one hand to another...

To many stories are popping up with paypal holding on to people funds with no answer to why..

$1000 is a lot of money to be out of pocket,that sort of money don't come easy,,

Login to Me Too

dj647
Contributor
Contributor

One of the items I shipped out was recieved the other day and paypal released my funds. Thank you

Login to Me Too

mummachick
Contributor
Contributor

Sold and shipped 4 things in past 10 days. Two positives = 1 release from Paypal. No feedback on 2 so I am awaiting payment for 75% of sales. Shipping for nest sale comes from savings. Somehow I feel this is a losing proposition. Oh and when I paid m eBay fees through Paypal it was processed through my bank account not Paypal funds.

I figured if 7 million people use paypal and 10% of them are sellers and 10%+ of them are having funds held - I have $37 this would be close to $1 million that Paypal is collecting interest on. Is this part of their corporate profits?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.