HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

davischevy
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item and no record yet in pay pal 12 days later. I have a transaction #. Please report pay pal to the FTC.

Login to Me Too

densisequest
New Community Member

why hassn't paypal released my funds it's been over 24 hours since buyer left positive feedback?

Login to Me Too

marie2264
New Community Member

They've done that to me as well.  I had to call and raise a ruckus to get them to release MY money.  3 days went by after positive feedback, so I sent an email to Paypal asking where my money is... no response, another day goes by, I send another email, no response.. another day goes by and I call and told them what I think of their policy and called them thieves for stealing my money, threatened to inform the BBB and lo and behold: My funds are released! Ta-Da!

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Someone help me here-I thought I saw somewhere in the policy that if you recieved more than 20 positive feedbacks consistently your payment holds would be released. I cannot seem to relocate it again. If this is true though I have recieved at least 23 in a row with no hope of the holds being released. I have given up hope! I agree with the whole seven days,maybe,but 21 is ridiculous. Plus the fact the hold is placed on every single sale too. I mean really-does paypal believe everything we sell on eBay is going to be returned? Its stoopid!

Login to Me Too

marie2264
New Community Member

I know what you mean.  I recently received a notice saying they were going to start holding my payments as well because I "sold an item of high risk" aka: old cell phone that I don't use anymore.... What a crock.  Think it's about time I close up Paypal and just do my shopping/selling OFF the internet. 

Login to Me Too

Keiran2011
New Community Member

can some one give me some advise.  i sold an item on ebay.  paypal states that even though my payment is pending that i can use some of the money to pay to ship the item seeing as the shipping cost was included in the payment that makes sense but now when i try to pay for shipping and print the shipping label it says it cant process the payment that the cost is greater than my availible balance and that i have to add money to my account.  i have someone waiting on a package i cant ship because paypal is withholding the money it says i can use.

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

They really get you here-they release the amount for shipping AFTER you print the shipping labels.It stupid.I have been struggling with the same issue for weeks now and its almost impossible to ship sometimes with no funds available.I have actually had to borrow money from friends and family because of this.Not to worry just type "class action lawsuit" in the search bar.There is a lot of controversy on this "holds" topic.

Login to Me Too

baybay_gurl_sha
New Community Member

Rrrr...I'm newer to Ebay & Paypal. I sold a ton of expensive items for great deals b/c I needed the money. I had to wait the "21 days" for these...Well, some have been past that...Payment completed on Ebay buyer part & they have their item delivered...Even feedback positive..YET---NO MONEY FOR ME STILL!!!!! WHAT??!! What do I do?

Login to Me Too

jraNA55
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  It really **bleep** me off thinking of the fact that paypal gets their cut (over $40 off just 7 items I've sold) for transaction fees but I've a hold on my money?!  I've done everything asked.  I ship my product, same day or next day, give delivery confirmation, and get positive feedback after reception of item.  "Get your money sooner" is a quote that's becoming a joke.  Every post I've read has said that they've done the same exact thing I have and are still waiting for money near or after the 21 day mark.  If the aforementioned steps have actually worked for someone or anyone, please contact me to let me know.  It will be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

heartslayer
New Community Member

After reading a few of these posts i totally agree, EBAY and Paypal are two companies that are here because they do sleep in the same place. To hold our money for 21 days is there way of gaining abit more interest for there pockets. All businesses do this. I think we need some brainacs out there in the software field to come up with a different site that does the same thing for less. Why do they need all these fees for doing nothing, they do not post the stuff, just collect off it. Come on paypal and feebay try and help the sellers that are making your money. If we all stop then what would you do???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.