HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,you seem to have put a good aasesment of whats going on,might i point out to most people i aasume you are refering to ebay/paypal?i personlly only use paypal and there problems do indeed side with scamers and noticible fraud along with programs on how to fraud ebay ect.that is were my question lies.is ebay complacent with paypal as etsy.com is not ebay or any other buisness that uses paypal and we have better results becuase we are not tied to ebey.ebay has an obvious history if fraud problems ect,without usuing paypal,so if as most on this forum are a ebay user then it seems they are double skrewed,google checkout has a history of complaints including freezing of acount,worse is they close peoles acounts with no warning and acess ton there records,so you will lose current proof of shipping ect,i hihly recomend as sellers/ to pay attention to current complaints so your specific sitiation of true acurate current scams of thiefs bieng trained to post false claims ect are true and will always be happing,as for buyers,there is no conspirecy to rob.it is always just a individual buisness and easily dealt with ,also anyone who buys anything from the industry is at there own fault for bieng niave,in todays wcomerce you can easily find a buyer seller with reputation and a walk in store or happy costomers and real profile that is in existance and good standing,these seller scams work this way with mass comercial advertising in our emails for instance,these are scam companies,look them up.do not trust any company you did not look up ,dont trust comercial advertising in your email,or sidebar of any webpage,or sponsered add,or 1st page ranking if it is not there actual website url,these are all 100%scams or industry that has no infrastructer and no one to answer when they go bankrupt to another country with your money,they just open another company diferent name,this goes on forever,research a buisness first,ANYONE RADING THIS.ETSY.COM IS FOR ALL HOMEMAKERS,ARTIST,VINTAGE.EXELENT COSTOMER SERVICE,BUYER/SELLER RESOLUTION,USERFRIENDLY SITE TO USE SET UP STORE UPLOAD PICS SELL BUY,EVERYTHING IS WHAT EBAY IS NOT ,ETSY FIXED,IS NOT FOR SELLING EVERYTHING THOUGH,ECRATER,OWEN BY GOOGLE IS SEMI UNDERSTANDEBLE AND ALSO FREE,IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO AS USERFRIENDLY AND NICE ANS ECT AS ETSY,BUT I USE BOTH TO SELL DIFERENT THINGS,ETSY TAKES PAYPAL AND OTHER ,ECRATER TAKES PAYPAL/GOOGLECHECKOUT AND OTHER.also i dont think anywere but ebay makes it a legal obligation to have feedback before your claim goes throuh,that is an obvious scam to let the real legal time line for compensation to run out,shop around read all policies,peace,oh and personally im going to check out the new stores you mentioned,thanks peace,and please understand this speech is for all viewers even if in your email,im posting in general and you must know this is all public ,google search world acces ,so im just preaching to the world on paypals dime and hopefully will help at least 1 prson from postal status,haaa

Login to Me Too

northkessock194
Contributor
Contributor

I was ripped off by paypal in December 2010 regarding a buyer Elizabeth Tomes ( TOMESY 74 )   I posted out two auctions on the 10/12/2010 this fraudlent buyer reversed the paypal payment on the 11/12/2010 and recieved the two auctions free without paying for them,I sent the tracking number and information to paypal who sided with the fraudulent buyer leaving me £14.00 out of pocket, on my paypal statment it says that I refunded (tomesy 74) this is not the case, paypal took the money out of my account , and it was paypal who refunded the money to (tomesy 74 ) paypal is way out of order, and what gives them the right to remove money from anyones account, frauduent buyers are the only ones offered paypal protection honest sellers beware, BRYAN6147

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Northkessock194 wrote:

I was ripped off by paypal in December 2010 regarding a buyer Elizabeth Tomes ( TOMESY 74 )......

......and it was paypal who refunded the money to (tomesy 74 ) paypal is way out of order, and what gives them the right to remove money from anyones account, frauduent buyers are the only ones offered paypal protection honest sellers beware, BRYAN6147

I know, I know. That's why myself and many others have pulled their stores off of eBay all together. who has time and money for all that nonsense????

Login to Me Too

morevalue

I am a buyer who shipped an item from Miami to France TWO DAYS AGO (Dec 29th) , buyer from France opens a Claim saying item not received, Paypal took my funds! Extremely unfair.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

@morevalue wrote:

I am a buyer who shipped an item from Miami to France TWO DAYS AGO (Dec 29th) , buyer from France opens a Claim saying item not received, Paypal took my funds! Extremely unfair.

hello.hippy new year,[sorry] inhave to say that all day,so  first off,not to be a pessimist but there is a wildfire of fraud going on right now and paypal is involved.they and worldwide buyers are involved in some training videos sceme online on how to file claims scam to sellers,ie,missing product,chargeback,refund frauds,this is real and happing,as far as i can tell paypal is involved,as you can read past few days since that will take you all day,you will see many complaints exactly like yours,and the one thing you will not see is any one from paypal warning us you that this current fraud is sweeping,that is a fact and gauranteee pay pal complacency,how is it we ,i can be aware,yet no one has bothered to mention it to me from paypal?it takes a click of a button to mass email a warning[ or hippy new year]sorry for rant,but if i was you i would assume you are getting ripped off by paypal,you can imediatly call them and of course all real legal agencys are availible,the shiping agent may be of help since this is comon scam,.now assuming it is normal complainer costuomer,most shippering agents do not have shipping gaurantees during holiday rushes,ie,next day air ect is not availible or gauranteed.24-48 hrs and buyer posted claim sounds to me 100% nightmare costomer and or exactly this fraud i refer to,it is a shame paypal refuses to discuss this topic on the forum,but this is public and paypal is not going to expose the complancy fact with fraud publicly as they expect us to do[all this is online public].there is no way this costomer is valid ,in 48 HR SHIPPING ON NEW YEARS AND PAYPAL FROZE CHARGE BACK FOR NON DELIVERY,no doubt i cant read that without reading fraud fraud,sorry,im sure you feel worse now,but how is it possible,there must as assumed just robots that automatically aprove these things imediatly collect all copies of corespondence ,AND LISTEN,CONTACT COSTOMER IN ON IF POSSIBLE PAYPAL RESOLUTIONS,I DONT BELIEVE IT WORKS OR EXIST,BUT IF IT WAS ETSY IT IS CALLED A CONVERSATION AND IS WELL DOCUMENTES[THET DONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS]TALK TO COSTOMER THROUGH SOME FORM OF DOCUMENTED TEXT ECTRECORD QUESTION ANSWER GET COSTOMER TO GO OVER WHOLE ORDER AND IM SURE THERE YOU WILL BE VALIDATED,TAKE EMAILS TO LOCAL LAW,BECAUSE THIS IS A PAYPAL FRAUD,AND BIGGER THAN JUST RANDOM SCAMMER,THIS NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED AND THERE ARE OTHERS,SMALL CLAIMS COURT WILL SIDE WITH YOU,CHECK FORUM UNDER international shipping and chargwbacks,refunds,paypal holding my money ,frozen acount,of course all transactions need to be auranteed and when anyone spends money it is assumed it is thwres and the taxes have been paid,so point is you need to usually legally be able to provide funds if there is problems with recieving or check or any other reason why anyone anywere can say the money is not yours to spend,this is why and how paypal freezes money or puts on hold,it is in dispute,call paypal,i dont see who why how any thing can be shipped internationally that quick plus aurantee on new years,you must have paid a fortune to ship,witch brings up you should have trancin # if you used to usps i dont think its possible for them to get any package anywere soon,and they definatly dont have tracking or aurantees?go over the policies with buisness uyou used,i cant believe there is any way you are liable,1 until a month from now with no show,2,no buyer/seller resolution option for you or recourse,as is you are out package and money,as far as i can see witch is what most in your position claim,call paypal,et on this now like the scammer is doing,you may be fighting profesional scammers,peace

Login to Me Too

zdc12
New Community Member

Exact same situation is happening with me right now.  It has been 11 days and still no resolution.  I sent the tracking number for the package that was sent/received and nothing has been done with the claim since December 23.  How long does it normally take?   Since the item was shipped and received, there shouldn't be any issue releasing the full amount of the payment back to me, correct?

Login to Me Too

pennyc

I had to call last time to have them release my money.  The lady filed the complaint on the same day she could see the package was to be delivered.  She was doing it to be a butt.  After a week of waiting I finally called and demanded they release the funds as there was no reason for them to take them anyway.

Login to Me Too

xapril07x
Contributor
Contributor

the same thing happened to me once quite a long while ago. (i was the seller). i wasnt really sure what was going on, but i just waited out the "money hold". sorry

Login to Me Too

USNretd
Contributor
Contributor

It's over 5 months for a measly refund that a ebay seller sold me a defective camera with parts missing an has not followed thru. Paypal has closed the time limit on it and has only responded in GENERIC terms and never even attempted to get my money back after 5 months. Is that the way they make money?

Ray USN-ret'd

Login to Me Too

Pudpod

Paypal knows best about managing your account. You may be too incompetent to handle your affairs wisely.

Allow ppal access to your bank account and credit card, you are in good hands. Trust them, they care about you

and your life. Conform.  Paypal's policies will get you ready for the coming "new world order".

My account is frozen because I may spend my money foolishly on bills.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.