HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Jessicaaa131
New Community Member

It's been three weeks since I sold my first item on ebay. My buyer received it two weeks ago and has yet to leave feedback. I've messaged her numerous times and she has not responded with any problems. According to my paypal the money is supposed to be released today, which is horrible because I needed it three weeks ago when I thought I would have it immediatly. My fiance has been an ebay seller two weeks longer then I have and has never had a problem with holds. Why hasn't my money been released yet? $55 is a lot of money and I don't understand why paypal is refusing to let me have what is rightfully mine!

Login to Me Too

ebbill
Contributor
Contributor

Okay someone suggested that we contact CNN News about this.  I went to the web page but could not find anywhere I could send in a letter to the editor or state my opinion or to even make a suggestion that this be investigated.  HOW DO WE GET THE NEWS OUT about how PayPal is holding our funds and making money off of it illegally.  That money is considered to be held in trust until the buyer leaves feedback or until there is a confirmed delivery notice.  Any interest earned off of money in trust should go to the trustee which would be the eBay seller.  So where are our earnings on this money that is being held in trust by PayPal.  Trust.  There's a oxymoron.  Most loved way to pay.  Palleeeassse! 

So I am open to ideas on how to report this to the news agencies to get it investigated.  Should we contact the FTC or FDIC.  PayPal is traded on the stock market, isn't it.  We should contact the Federal Securities about PayPal unethical treatment of its seller and mishandling of funds in trust.

In order for anything to happen, we must do it en masse.  That means we have to use everything available to us like Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Your Space, Anybody's Space to get the news out that PayPal is not the most loved place to receive money.

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,our "pal" is a crook to the bone. Smiley Surprised I have been backing away slowly ever since they refused my USPS receipts as proof of shipping. They pave the road for fraud. Next to nothing being sold on ebay for almost the same tyranny. Oh brother....

Login to Me Too

REMEBER  THE PEOPLES COURT , DONT TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS TAKE EM TO COURT. WRITE A LETTER TO THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE. THIS IS ILLEGAL. THEY ARE TAKING FUNDS THAT DO NOT BELONG TO THEM. WHO THE **bleep** GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE GETTING A FEE REGARDLESS . NOT TO MENTION IF THE BUYER FILES A DISPUTE THE FUNDS ARE IMMEDIATLY GARNISHED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. AS SOON AS MY LAST 2 PAYMENTS CLEAR I AM CLOSING THE ACCOUNT FOR GOOD. GO TO **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

ebbill wrote:

Okay someone suggested that we contact CNN News about this.  I went to the web page but could not find anywhere I could send in a letter to the editor or state my opinion or to even make a suggestion that this be investigated.  HOW DO WE GET THE NEWS OUT......................

So I am open to ideas on how to report this to the news agencies to get it investigated.  Should we contact the FTC or FDIC.  PayPal is traded on the stock market, isn't it.  We should contact the Federal Securities about PayPal unethical treatment of its seller and mishandling of funds in trust.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

ebbill wrote:

Okay someone suggested that we contact CNN News about this.  I went to the web page but could not find anywhere I could send in a letter to the editor or state my opinion or to even make a suggestion that this be investigated.  HOW DO WE GET THE NEWS OUT......................

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

ebbill wrote:

Sorry.Little bit of a computer glitch.Almost about a year ago right after this blog started, a website was formed called letssuepaypal.com.Maybe it's still in action.

Login to Me Too

travduke
New Community Member

I got the email this morning, I am now done with Paypal and eBay. 

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

Jessicaaa131::::Hopefully, you left negative feedback on the buyer. "Buyer does not leave feedback".  Hopefully, you're not like most Seller's that leave feedback as soon as the Auction is won.  "A+++ Buyer, quick payment"  I think that is so stupid because of course the buyer pay's quickly, they are required too.

Ebay and Paypal are a big joke and we are their captive audience.

Login to Me Too

hmw
New Community Member

I am getting fed up with this con tactic.

I shipped an item last week, USPS priority with delivery confirmation because I was told by a PayPal rep if I do that then I get my money when it's delivered. Well it was delivered Christmas Eve and guess what?! PayPal is still playing with my money and someone has my item. It's corrupt.

How do I get my money?!

It's already ridiculous enough, last customer recieved the item, told me they got it, but refused to leave feedback when I told them I needed them to so PayPal would release my hold because it's "not their problem." They were fine with the item, they just wanted to be the typical nine year old eBay user.

This is the last time I sell anything on eBay. It's straight up corrupt, I don't even see how it's legal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.