HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

testing 1...2

http://www.paypal**bleep**.com/

can you hear me now? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,**** rhymes with bucks. Censorship i$ apparently rampant here as well.

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

Guess what??Total ebay technical glitch is why paypal is withholding our monies LONGER than after delivery!!!!

Persistence paid off...I went through paypal help  column, noted they are quick to grab/withhold my payments on ebay, yet slow to release, even after a week has gone by and tracking shows, prioves such, I got pin  number, called them and got CSR in Philippines within few minutes this morning who RELEASED 10 payments to me, aka $200+ unnecessary withholding my earned money for buyers from BEFORE Dec 10....

We went through them one by one, her apology showing iN PROCESS NOT YET SENT which irks me, as i told ebay about such and heard nothing back.

Turns out, ebay has technical glitch-when I inserted tracking number at ebay, it shows up as IN PROCESS  NOT SHIPPED at paypal, so now I will start entering such tracking numbers at paypal when I send out things

Anyways, paypal csr rep apologized for slow release and released 10 items, totalling over $200 to me-Technical glitch by ebay is unfair-I notified paypal and ebay about such, guess they just don't care

Unfortunately by time withdrawal  goes to my checking account, paypal says takes 2-4 days, will be too late for Christmas buying presents, etc but seems mighty unfair.

Login to Me Too

MGMT
Contributor
Contributor

iN Process...well the only times ive encountered an in process is when a shippers uses something other than click and ship or doesnt upload the tracking info to paypal. All my items are INSTANTLY showed as shipped once I use PAYPAL to send my items. Why anyone wouldnt do that makes no sense.  If someone pays you you send the  item out in 24 hour, period, if not DONT LIST IT...Ive had sellers wait a week before sending. What poor customer service how hard is it to make a shipping label and mail an item, its 2010 not the dark ages....

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

MGR::: I agree with you 100%.  This is your business and run it efficiently.  I don't know why some seller's charge outrageous shipping.  I know postal rates and I know bulk discounted rates.  This one seller's only option was Expedited Delivery $5.15 each item even if he shipped two video games in the same package.  This is the same seller who delayed almost all of his order's by 8 day's and lied the entire time.  He said item was shipped 12/13/10 which was 3 day's after paid for item immediately.  Item arrived and it show's he paid at counter 12/17/10.  This is the same seller trying to deny my right to refund because he sent me an entirely different game on a totally different system than I bid on and won.  He think's I want to keep the game he sent me and I told him actually I don't because I already own it and if you would send me a return label I will immediately return it too you, but he won't.  So I charged back with my bank on his item.

Merry Christmas!

Login to Me Too

rpa6
New Community Member

Is this just another way for Ebay and PayPal to make money--collecting interest off millions of dollars that are on hold.  

Login to Me Too

djg35x

I can understand your frustration, however, what about the buyer. Factual: I had purchased an item for $1000+, the seller sent me an empty box. The seller would not answer the registered phone # he provided and would not return my emails. On the same day, the seller did the same thing to two other buyers ($5000+ and $1000+). Now we (the buyer) are out our money for 21+ days because of a dishonest seller.

So what is the fine line when to give the seller the money?  Yes, I have to agree with PayPal, they should hold the money from the seller until the buyer responds or 21 days pass.

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

I would give Ebay/Paypal 5-7 day's but then file dispute with your bank or credit card company so they can give you a provisional credit until the bank/credit card company get's detailed reason from the seller why they did not ship you any item.  Make sure when you contact your financial institute to let them know there are other buyer's with same way.

For me I found it in the feedback under the seller 36 transactions within 10 day's and over half of those transactions were negative with similar issues.

Login to Me Too

Rdeano16

Here is some more "Excellent Advice" that Paypal should consider........ Remove the ridiculous new policy that holds funds for 21 days.  Or at least consider releasing the funds under the terms stated in the new policy.  I have confirmed shipments with tracking numbers uploaded on both Ebay and Paypal that have delivery confirmation, proof of delivery, and it has up to 9 days and counting with funds still being held.  You better update the resume cause paypal is on its way down.

For new paypal users and those considering opening a paypal account....... BEWARE!!! You will regret it!!!

Login to Me Too

biglopez
Contributor
Contributor

its agravating i just sold an item its confirmed on my email adress and i asked the buyer politely to leave feedback but i got nothing and i had to pay 65.00$ to ship a box all the way to africa. i couldnt even get the shipment funds from the buyer... and yet the buyer still has not left feedback... been waiting to weeks now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.