HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

i checked out home/huslte dot com and i have to say it seemed like it is up to par on its terms and buisness ethics.it is easy to understand how you get paid why were ect.this is just a quick update as to wether i see obvious scam or not.lots of companies claim similar and are very fraudelent.this company seems decent and i would sign up for it [gnosy] if and or when i have time.it my be lots of reasons why you did not get paid or may still have to wait.it states about 75$ minimum/1 time pament then close acount.it states will close acount for non required activity.it states may keep all currency in acount and is not valid currency until it is actullay transfered into real usa dollars at there expense through paypal[this is you?]at this point may take3 months not liable for other payee actual liable payor to pay or properly fufill there own end of contractual 'good faith '' payment and closer of all open unsigned papper work contract obligation.the fact that they even bother with this much legalease and faqs is a reasonable show of security and buisness practice.i dont know were you have started or stopped in this basic model of there regulations but it is possible that they are in there rights.peace

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

in case i have not folloewd up,1&n1 are scamers that basically sold me a domain then never could for whatever reason finnish transcation on there end waited 3 or so days and explained in email they did not tyake money from my paypal are not owners of my domain and sorry ect but i could rebuy something else or transfer domain ect,meanwhile i own mrhumbolthippy.com from namescheapdomai.com register and they were easy to do buisness with and i can acess ecti also use goddady plenty and can confirm 1st page listing for   acracta.co  .1n1 was representing false claim and had portal to namescheap through my domain name on there website that they reprsesented as themselves owning,any way warning,1n1bad domainsbad. paypal good,goddadygood namescheapgood

Login to Me Too

PPatty070
New Community Member

yes i am paypal is a haven to protect scamm sellers i can provit a scamm seller i accadently bought from sent me a fake tracking number from usps i called usps they said they have absolutly no record on any tracking number like the fake one sent to me by one of the scamm sellers paypal protects so i called driffrent shippers i hope of knowing some thing cuse paypal the scamm seller protector keeps saying that the tracking number is valid truth no shippers told me the tracking nember is valid so belive me when i tell u paypal is nothing but a scamm seller protector

Thanks

R.Newman

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,this is one answer and i hope it works for you.if the seller sent fedex  for instance ,when the package gets paid for ect seller gets reciept tracking #[not all shippers use tracking # and is usually extra cost],if the driver for that store has already done last pickup for the day the tracking # will not be VERIFIED..same goes for a weekend holiday ect.it may be 24hrs on a buisness day before you can verify # online for instance..also consider mabvy someone wrote wrong # or can not read ,these things actually happen often.the person filling out form on computer can be mistaken.also packages get lost for up to a month with the profesional shipping agents,sometimes.this may not resolve your issue but if i had read my own post here in past it would have explained alot.peace

Login to Me Too

veryannoyed66

Yes Paypal is holding my money hostage because a buyer called his credit card and is trying to get a chargeback on the sale.  This is a month yes a MONTH after he has been using the bluetooth headset he bought from me.  He even left positive feedback saying that he got it and it worked great.  He never filed a complaint with eBay or paypal, then out of the blue I see my account is in the negative for the sale amount.  I would like to know what happened to the SELLER protection we are supposed to have?  And why the **bleep** it takes so long to figure out that this guy is lying?  I did my part by sending paypal the tracking information and cutting and pasting the feedback he left.  To me that's pretty much cut and dry.  So why is it MY account is being held hostage?  I don't have the money to bring it positive and I'll be damned if I'm going to selll something just so they can take the money. 

Here is a novel idea, how about investigating the claim BEFORE taking my money since HE has my merchandise?

eBay is making money hand over fist from us with the huge final value fees and then they charge us the fees after we get paid thru paypal.  So we pay fees on shipping which we don't make any money off of.  So where is the support for us?

This should not take any longer than a week.  I should not be waiting for his credit card company to get off their **bleep** to contact paypal.  I want my account back and my money back, they took my cashback bonus for last month.

What do you have to say to that paypal?  How about showing some common sense and loyalty to your sellers?

Login to Me Too

Flagman
New Community Member

Yes I did a phone transaction on Friday 12 /10, sent an ivoice via paypal and PayPal held my funds hostage for a pending investigation, they would not even explain it to me. I am furious, and will very likely be losing a 2500.00 sale due to the fact it won't be resolved before I go on vacation. I Thank God I checked my email just before I was ready to ship. Otherwise merchandise and money would be tied up. I will be using another merchant credit card processor because of this, not to mention the amount of time it takes them to transfer money to my business account.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,same answer as always.you are dealing with an entity.this is not a person or ,can be resonable.these corparations work with math and algoruthims by robots and cheap labor.there is no help other than us.you have to remember you are equel to this company.sue people.sorry to be mean sounding but the court is the only help you will get.corporations that do financial transactions are not banks.there are no more legal or reliable than you are.trust a robot algorythim?NO.mistakes ect happen on porpose. or any extra services provided.what is documented is endless list of fraudenlet practices by paypal.now keep in mind paypal is one of the few real and legitamit payment processors,as they refer to themselves.buyer seller copy all videotape ect in end you will need these proof for out right theft is hard when you have video proving otherwise.do not wait for paypal or any processor or costomer any ecuses.imediatly every time file lawsuit.if you are not prepared to do so you are going to keep getting ripped off by either mistakes or frauds that use the system to fraud.personally i am waiting for greendot paypal scam to go thrugh ,if yall dont know the new thing is prepaid debit cards and paypal ect is promoting no more credit cards but you should buy a monypac[scam] and use that to upload $on your acount.anyway sometimes this works and most the time it does not.research moneypac.so no recoures is point.go to your local legal agency and deal with all parties acordingly,in future have disclaimer stating all problems will be sued or dealt with acordingly,

Login to Me Too

pennyc

A month is nothing, try having the buyer make a claim just under a year from when they won the auction.  They claimed they didn't receive the item.  I had a confirmation number which I attached to the auction on ebay and told paypal they could easily see there was a tracking number there but they didn't listen.  I called ebay to have them retrieve the number and they told me they don't keep that information for more then 6 months and it wouldn't be any good any way which I knew cause the post office doesn't keep confirmation numbers for more then 6 months but my hopes was that they could see that I did attach the number therefore I did ship it and maybe it should be ruled in my favor.  Why would a honest buyer wait almost a year to say they hadn't got an item.  Buyers reason was they moved across the United States was was getting settled.  Gee maybe your item is still in one of the unpacked boxes.  At any point, I am still out the money now.

Login to Me Too

ppdiscussions
Contributor
Contributor

I Sold a perfectly fine product and after 15 days the buyer says it is not as described. My money is put on hold while he is using my product, whih is a delicate macro lens for a Nikon which he probably damaged during those 15 days of use.

I don't know why he can still keep my photographic macro lens and do whatever he wants with it  while my money is held by PP. Shouldn't we both keep the transacted  ditems until the claim is resolved?

My lesson learned so far, is retrieve themoney as soon as it is available in PayPal!. I don't know if this seems fair to you all, but it does not look fair for me.

Login to Me Too

ppdiscussions
Contributor
Contributor

I addition to the above, I need to rant...   where is the SELLER  protection?  Why does PP have to hold money just because a buyer complains?  How do they verify the validity of that claim?  I guess this can be an easy way  for  scammers to get goods for nothing, not to say of the instant ebenfit that  PP  gets by having interest added to our moneys, which they keep;

The seller is not protected from the lies buyers  can come up with.  Where is the protection for  the seller, I ask? I am astonished and really feeling ripped off  by this last trick someone has pulled on me. I guess we will have to look for aternatives and stop seling  on ebay and/or using PayPal. Charles Desper (mongoaccnet=ID), stop lying. If you damaged  the lens, take it like a man, but  don't  lie and cause problems to others.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.