HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Spongehead_98
Contributor
Contributor

This reminds me of the Blockbuster debacle.  They kept nickle and diming their customers to death until a better alternative came along - Netflix.  I swore off Blockbuster then and have never been back.  And now Blockbuster is going into bankruptcy...hmmm..good example for Paypal to follow.

Like Blockbuster, I'll be swearing off this joke of a company.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Juliark10 wrote:

......scrooging at PayPal because I'll feel like an **bleep** getting but not giving gifts.  I also will NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN.  Even if they do change, this is showing they obviously do not care about their customers and I don't think I'll ever forgive them enough to want to do business with them again.

Big bucks,girlfriend. Big bucks.

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,I know just where you are coming from! Like I need a service that calls me a liar and steals my money. I started wondering who and how much INTEREST is being gleened off ALL the FROZEN FUNDS...YOU SHOULD TOO. My "pal" lost my trust in a blink after five years of trading.

Try google checkout,

this tub is sinking.

Login to Me Too

IowaBowhunter8
Contributor
Contributor

So stupid!! i sold my item on eBay because I wanted to use the money to buy something else... now I have to wait 21 days + 3-4 to transfer the money to my account. so i have to wait 24-25 days just to purchase my stuff... thats rediculous. When I sold it I was expecting like 5 days at most.

Login to Me Too

shaffede
New Community Member

I will never use paypal again this is bulllll our buyers will enjoy what they have bought from us for Christmas but we have to wait till JAN to get our money what are you thinking paypal this is soooo not fair.

My buyers posted there feed back and now you will not give me my money

I have never sold anything on Ebay that my buyers did not love or leave great feed back and you want to mess with me at

Christmas. That's very wrong!  must be you want to keep our money in your accounts to get the interest PLUS the charges you charge us. Very nice Business you are about to lose when you mess with peoples money like this

you lose lots of BUSINESS! (so way to go)

Login to Me Too

tonyms
Contributor
Contributor

This just proves the point that Ebay and Paypal have created a monopoly. They can do what ever they want. Wish I had the extra cash to file a class action lawsuit.

Login to Me Too

tonyms
Contributor
Contributor

It is called making money and **bleep** the users.

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal  is STILL withholding funds for last week's proved deliveries of ebay sold items-I have emailed and asked such be released 3 times, yet no response. I called, am told to call back as extremely busy.

I started own topic about this 21 day hold in watercooler-ebay urges us to start selling to earn HOLIDAY CASH, yet most I won't get until january. I send things out within 48 hours, post f positive fee3dback, sit here,m wait till they get, proven delivery with delivery confirmation, then hassle with paypal CSR to get such released-thisis unfair

ebay has FALSELY advertised such-I have had to pay out of pocket almost all shipping as I have no printer-for packages i did use library printer, got back due to insufficient  funds yet packages weighed on post office scale to  double check, then costs me double BUT what the hey is going on?

ebay states I have to accept paypal0imagine my horror when local pickup sale item was paid for this way-I waited over a week for man to come and pick up item, all that time, no access to my earned monies but he is one of just 14 who posted feedback-here I have posted over DOUBLE the amount of feedback I gave-this:

Payment holds on your eBay transactions. we are working with eBay to make buying and selling even safer. As part of payment holds for new eBay sellers , we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days

Paypal is quick to WITHHOLD, SLOW to RELEASE

I started selling on ebay in November, how long is this hold for?

Paypal says I cannot get debit card for 60 days, yet am premeire member-I added both checking account AND charge card. I slowly deposit, withdraw into my banka ccount which takes 3-4 days but this is MY MONEY-over half the $400 that sits here should have been released by now

I cannot continue to pay out of pocket-I don't have a printer and scale-was going to buy such but I came here to e EARN HOLIDAY CASH as ebay NEVER MENTIONS 21 day hold on funds from buyers-FALSE ADVERTISING! But i have to accept paypal

Login to Me Too

Southwestflorid
Contributor
Contributor

Attention ebay and paypal moderators: 253 pages of complaints from  new or little sellers like me???!!!

253 pages!

I have tried other selling venues, ebid.net, etsy.com, bonanza, ioffer.com, amazon's postage is way  way too low-I lost money on small appliances there and paid postage out of own pocket and of cours,e ebay gave me more sales but is also WITHHOLDING MY FUNDS which seems unfair-

I have video games I was going to list, but who knows if I am selling to an adult or a kid? Surely,k ebay nor paypal would help me out, am sure as they are NOT rleasing funds now of delivery confirmation PROOF items in my account delivered last week.

My Christmas is ruined by this. I started selling in November, granted I could see such for a month or if issues of non receipt came about, but still withholding my funds-

Login to Me Too

Cushmanhoarder
Contributor
Contributor

I Always Wondered Why Some sellers Listed there Payments as anything But paypal.Now i know and will be forced to do the same thing. I have nothing but positive feedback.Fast Shipping using Tracking numbers.They didnt care What my feedback was when i first started my ebay account and sold. My Money was there and available.Now six Positive sales later its a issue. I think the are Mad cause i made a 1000 dollar sale and received a postal money order and they didnt get their cut. Cause really at the end of the Day Its all about thier CUTT.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.