HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

jackovercasher
New Community Member

This new payment holds policy is B.S. as a member in good standing for almost 4 years and a rating of 100% i am highly upset that paypal who has a monopoly on ebay is basically taking their fees off top and placing holds for up to 19 days on items sold. this is a hassle and i hope that it causes them to lose much business. i am an occasional seller and unlike the major sellers on here i cannot afford to wait for my money this long. I wish there were some way for myself and other members to sign an online petition demanding a change in this. it is unfair to the little guy and i myself am boycotting there service.

Login to Me Too

nicky123
Contributor
Contributor

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Login to Me Too

nicky123
Contributor
Contributor

We can start our own version of paypal without this policy!  Are you listening paypal?

Login to Me Too

raemad
Contributor
Contributor

SO LETS DO IT!!!!HOW!?????

Login to Me Too

freelunch
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't be happy about getting holds on my account, but I understand why they do it.  With all the scammers out there who sell items they don't actually have, it's not surprising.  I also found out that it's not uncommon for these online based processors to hold payments or reserves for a period of time.

If you want to use another processor with eBay check out the following link for a list of other payment processors you can use on eBay (btw, eBay doesn't own all of them.)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

"For most categories, sellers need to offer one or more of the following electronic payment choices:

• PayPal

• ProPay

• Moneybookers

• Paymate

• Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account

Additionally, payment upon pickup and Bill Me Later are valid payment methods as well."

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Jackovercasher wrote:

i am highly upset that paypal who has a monopoly on ebay is basically taking their fees.....

Sorry to correct you, but it's the other way around. It's EBAY who has the monoploy. Some years ago eBay bought PayPal for a BILLION DOLLARS. I really do not know why many of you new posters will not ubderstand that. It's not PalPal calling the shots. It's eBay.

Login to Me Too

braaiman

I too have this problem with Paypal ie this withholding my money for what they say are security reasons. This is nothing more than this bank being just the same as all the others bloody GREEDY

I contacted Paypal about this when I received their email, which I imagine was to reassure me that they were looking after my interests. I was told not to take it personally as ALL Paypal account holders were receiving the same email.

I pointed out that the email said my account had been selected as "above average risk of paybacks refunds etc" ,so if everybodys account was above average risk, did this not give proof to the lie.

I have been with ebay ie Paypal for some 6 years, I have never had a dispute in that time, I have 100% positive feedback since I started with them with 65 feedbacks in that time. I have had to refund on one item that the buyer said was faulty, and this was done by return, the buyer then going on to purchase from me again, so he was happy.

She then said that if I supplied a tracking number, the money MAY be released earlier. I informed her that I only ever ship using a courier and giving a tracking number to my buyer, even before the goods are collected by the courier. She then said I had nothing to worry about. That was a load of nonsense as well, goods shipped tracking number given to Paypal, goods delivered, amount in account 67.66, amount available for withdrawal zero.

There is absolutely no genuine reason to hold my money for 3 weeks, which leaves me with the reason being GREED

It is interesting to note that I read somewhere they did the same thing a couple of years ago, although I wasn't aware of it, probably because I only bought at that time.

The lady I spoke to told me that the money was in my account not Paypals, so is the money in my current account but that does not stop the bank investing it and making a profit on it while it is my account. As far as I am concerned this is a scheme to enlarge Paypals profit illegally and when I eventually get my 67.66 pounds, the account will be closed and Paypal can **bleep** somebody else, they will not get another penny of my money and any further buying/selling with be done via Amazon.

Really Peed Off

Login to Me Too

adaly
New Community Member

When a business does not satisfy its customers, clearly they will not last - 

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/index.htm

http://checkout.google.com/sell/?promo=sha2&gsessionid=ix8REzT2J1Y#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-...

both absolutely viable alternatives to paypal **bleep**ing around with its loyal customers. Good job paypal NOT listening to every one for the past year! 

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Very Happy thanks for the link to the logical choice of goodgle checkout.Smiley Happy

,,'nuff said,

when I found out that my U.S.P.S. International Customs Forms,listing the contents and value of the auction item,means squat (TO PAYPAL?) against the lie of an international con artist who begged me for "cheap" shipping, it cost me $500.00 and negative feedback, my long standing "reputation" means squat AS WELL! I'm out!

,,time to step back and regroup, this can be a dangerous place for nice guys!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Wolfdaddy205:

when I found out that my U.S.P.S. International Customs Forms,listing the contents and value of the auction item,means squat (TO PAYPAL?) against the lie of an international con artist who begged me for "cheap" shipping, it cost me $500.00 and negative feedback, my long standing "reputation" means squat AS WELL! I'm out!

,,time to step back and regroup, this can be a dangerous place for nice guys.............

Wow! I'll bet you won't ever do that again! That's one advantage of selling for a distribution company. It taught me to be firm on my prices for the items and the shipping costs!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.