HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

lilbluff99
Contributor
Contributor

No doubt! I just sold an iPhone to some guy in the Ukraine. I know he has recieved it. So, why is my money still pending. It is not right! Its my money. Not paypal's. Pull your heads out of your butts paypal. Now I'll admit that I have a low feedback rating and a newer account but there is a reason why people sell things.....They need the freakin money. Bad move on paypal's part.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Lilbluff99 wrote:

No doubt! I just sold an iPhone to some guy in the Ukraine. I know he has recieved it. So, why is my money still pending. It is not right! Its my money. Not paypal's. Pull your heads out of your butts paypal. Now I'll admit that I have a low feedback rating and a newer account but there is a reason why people sell things.....They need the freakin money. Bad move on paypal's part....

You think that's something, you & all the other new posters should backtrack and read some of the other horror stories of the past posters of this blog! Only thing I can say is do like dozens of others have (myself included). And that is find another selling site, use some of the marketing tools and take it from there. This blog's coming up on a year old and so far it's the same foolishness. 

Login to Me Too

jagathings
New Community Member

I agree, this is horrible! I am trying to pay for purchases that I made on ebay and it says the money will not show up in my paypal account for me to pay until 11/19 when it was transferred to paypal from my account on 11/14. I have always been able to transfer the money from my bank account to paypal and immediately pay for my purchases. This is absolutely horrible service!

Login to Me Too

januaryllc
New Community Member

Is this 21 day hold just for Ebay?..what about sites like Amazon and others?   So if you are doing dropshipping for a little extra money..you are just **bleep**ed and will need to pay for orders out of pocket until they release your funds?

Login to Me Too

MGMT
Contributor
Contributor
yeah JanuaryLLC, yeah if you are drop shipping, the 21 day hold has literally just put you out of business, lol and no amazon has nothing remotely to do with ebay or paypal, so the hold naturally would have no bearing on their site,
>>>>>>>>Re: HOLD ON FUNDS AS PENDING PER PAYPAL..WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!! WHAT ABOUT US WITH BILLS TO PAY!![ New ]

Is this 21 day hold just for Ebay?..what about sites like Amazon and others?

Login to Me Too

tootluvsu
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment. Paypal holding funds. Item has been sitting at post office for two days waiting for a signature..Paypal  I need my payment. Sometimes it just goes through sometimes it gets held . Why

Login to Me Too

tootluvsu
Contributor
Contributor

what can i do to get my money released...

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

I hate to say it,,you can do nothing to speed  your "pal" up (and your pal will do little more.) They let me know what my business meant to them real fast, nothing else will be real fast with this fly by night excuse for a company. The hold a monopoly with ebain now and I'm sure there are laws being broken regarding these holds and my "pals" arbitrary descisions regarding un-trackable foreign shipments. If you do speak to one of their mouthpieces, expect double talk, excuses and lies. My days of having to deal with paypill are almost OVER, thank GOD.

Login to Me Too

Neebles
New Community Member

If you have a tracking number, and the package was delivered at least 3 days ago, you can call paypal, and they should release the funds...

Login to Me Too

tripod4854
Contributor
Contributor

I am sad to say but I think sellers need to ban together and file a class action suit against both Ebay and paypal. For breech of contract. the Breech is when after 3 days confirmed delivery they are failing to release our funds. I think a website is in order for all interested parties to file and register. Enough is enough. we pay the salaries of the people that are holding our funds. I personally am fed up with the BS policy. They sure get their money right off the bat. any Ideas

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.