HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

no_spam2
Contributor
Contributor

Scrooge McDuck

Login to Me Too

cyberguy45
New Community Member

I know how you feel! I just got a notice from paypal I sold an item>Now their interferering what do i tell my buyer? What is this anyway? I had no idea they,d do this! How do i deliver the product to my buyer?

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,I see why more and more sellers are complaining about epay and paypil, they seem to foster/encourage disputes now to glean interest/profit!  Sellers have the cards stacked against them more and more. No longer can I take overseas bids due to policies now in place. USPS,EPAY and My "PAL" have all let me know real quick what kind of help to expect, regardless of my three years of spotless professional trading!....very little, if any.... =/

Login to Me Too

MGMT
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently selling very expensive phones. Past two out of three were sold overseas, one Russian, one Mexico. I take the risk of selling overseas, despite now the 21 day hold as well, BUT, I have to compromise. I figure by the time it gets there, 6-15 days after I sent it, if they perhaps dont leave feedback, it will only be a few days until it clears (assuming someone is under the 21 day banner). As much as THIS **bleep**, how can I complain. They are sending 450.00 to a person they have never met using a medium, albeit a well known one, for a phone, then having to deal with both Russian and Mexican customs (may not even get to its destination in Russia, as there are horror stories)...so all in all, I am not going to limit myself sending items ONLY to the USA, and then not having a worldwide market available to me because of their hold policies...or my own issues and compaints with this policy.

Be creative; find other ways to use the hold somehow as an advantage, rather than a disadvantage and for those complaining how PP takes the shipping funds out of your debit account or the like AND THEN taking it out of your held funds AFTER, and saying well I don't have that money in the first place, well if you dont have say, 12.00 to send an item in your accounts, perhaps you need to just simply reevaluate your life in general lol

Yeah this wait  does **bleep**, but its how it is for now and I don't see it changing ever, probably only will get worse. May even limit buyers in their respective countries to only sell in their own countries. Ludicrous, but look at the insane only being able to leave positive feedback for negative comments to buyers. Anything is possible. Deal with it or DONT accept paypal. While offering other payment options highly reduces the amount of people that will take interest (most buyers are intimidated if they have to use anything other than paypal), there ARE other choices, as many have said before.

Login to Me Too

no_spam2
Contributor
Contributor

Like I said, paypay and fleabay will not see any items for sale from me, local sales pay the same and there is no fees... Now I'm just waiting for scrooge to release the funds since item was sold in October and Feedback was left and pp shows a release date of the 16'th... And when they pay with echeck it seems like it's a double whammy because I have to wait for the payment to clear so It can get put on hold for another 21 days...

If I'll use any service it will be Craigs* and face to face payment and delivery from now on...

I think the last payment I'm waiting on should clear before Xmas - yeah, I think so - unless they change the rules again.

Login to Me Too

Temp20211002W
Contributor
Contributor

MGMT:  "well if you dont have say, 12.00 to send an item in your accounts, perhaps you need to just simply reevaluate your life in general lol".

By the LOL in your statement I take it you think you're being funny?  Being forced to live life that way is not humorous...in ANY way!  Have you ever thought that maybe some things happened in this person's life which are beyond their control to put them in this position?  I, for one, have lost EVERYTHING I worked my entire life for due to waiting for SSDI to approve my disability claim.  EVERYTHING includes my house, my car, my credit rating, my pride, and all hope of ever getting any of it back!  I am one of those people where $12.00 might as well be $120.00.  If I could work, I would be working my azz off just like I've done my entire life so that $12.00 wouldn't be like $120.00! 

I hope you never have to find out how "un-funny" living this kind of life really is!

Login to Me Too

no_spam2
Contributor
Contributor

I have not changed my mind or opinion when it comes fo fleapal and paybay but to pp's credit the funds on hold where released today 9 days ahead of schedule - could it be due to same buyer buing another couple of items that are scheduled to be mailed / released tomorrow 😜

Exception to the rule is the hold can be taken off early.

@ex_PP_user - I feel your pain and there is one thing you didn't lose - guts... Good luck and don't let the disability beat you.

Login to Me Too

MGMT
Contributor
Contributor

ex_PP_user

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh WAhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well you've got enough money to get online, (save any argument you live with parents, friends or bump off an open network) have a computer and the like.....so if you are 'THAT' hard up, saying you are an 'ex paypal user' really doesn't make much sense now does it....

Login to Me Too

ebbill
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more xx_pp_user.  This guy making fun of people who cannot afford to have $12.00 taken out of there personal account needs to experience what you and I have experienced in our lives in order to appreciate just how much $12.00 can break or make a person.  Kudos to you for bringing it up and good luck.  I hope by now you have gotten your SSDI straightened out.

Login to Me Too

soppick1
New Community Member

I hated when this happened to me. And all paypal could say was that they have to hold the funds until the buyer, or whoever else in this case, is happy with the transaction. I personally find this to be very rude, figuring that when they held my money it was a considerable amount. So, their only excuse is that either feedback is left, or the item is received. Well hang in there it is a huge pain in the rear, but you will get it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.