HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

,,very UNHAPPY longtime paypirate pawn as well, I smell criminal action in the interest dept.

=(

Login to Me Too

silverbullet406
Contributor
Contributor

I am tired of MY money be placed on hold and intend not to ship until the money is released and send the following statement to my buyers:

"Paypal has placed a hold on your money, once it comes off of hold I will ship. Please contact paypal for any questions and complaints."

Login to Me Too

unpleased
Contributor
Contributor

Papal you had better get your house in order because you are illegally holding merchants funds.

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

yup! aiding and abbetting while collecting interest all the while.

not impressed @ all  😞

Login to Me Too

mich
Contributor
Contributor

hi im in the same boat ive got verified a  couple days ago ive read on these forum that u have to wait 21 days for funds to be released i understand when i read  i thought WHAT how can we fund ourselfs sending to sellers to gain feedback WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS IF I HAD KNOWN WOULD HAVE NEVER SOLD ON EBAY

Login to Me Too

mikevonbach
Contributor
Contributor

when i first started using paypal they gave me my money in a timely fashion. But now that i am getting orders more regular

they now find reasons to keep my money for 21 days . why ? i have had no compliants from anyone and i send off the item or item's the day i received the order. But what really makes me upset is that the will release the money before 21 days. I

should be happy about getting my money before the 21 day hostage  scam is complete But i am not Because i need to know when i will be paid because i balance funds against other funds the way all business people do. this is a typical case  of a big company bite'n  the hand that feeds them. this policy is most likely the decision of one greedy executive. I hope someone creates a new company to give these people some competition or somewhere else for honest  business people to go. Why do all American companies feel the need to steal and cheat their customers within the framework of the law.

Our country is failing because of the greed of a few. AND NO >>>> IM not moving to canada.....

Login to Me Too

Izzygaven10
New Community Member
YES I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAY IS A JOKE, THEY CLEARLY DON'Y KNOW THE LAWS. LOOK FORWARD TO LAWSUITS AND MORE BS TO COME FROM THESE THUGS.

Login to Me Too

thepenciler1
New Community Member

I agree with you. I understand holding funds for a FEW days but 21 days is rediculous. My customer has already recieved thier product and i'm still waiting to recieve my funds. I can't move forward with more purchases until it clears. I think the fact that ebay and PayPal are under one company is sort of monoploizing the market. Not only to i pay a fee to list, i also pay them a percentage of my sale as well as a fee to Paypal. I'm sure Ebay and Paypal didn't have to wait 21 days to take thier cut!

Login to Me Too

colitisscope
New Community Member

So I sold two items making over $260usd.  The funds have arrived at my paypal account but paupal is not allowing them to be used.

These funds included the VERY EXPENSIVE SHIPPING i needed to pay for one item in particular to go our priority.

Instead, I had to pay out of pocket for parcel post which will send the items to my customers an entire WEEK late AND now I have to go out of pocket again to repay their shipping difference.  ALSO getting bad feed back and angry messages from customers.

Also unable to compleate purchases I made because paypal STILL has these funds locked in my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.