HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

BluesIguana
Contributor
Contributor

They have a 90 day hold on my money

Login to Me Too

nbleather

This is not right for pay pal to hold up my money. If this is the way you do business then I will not use pay pal any more. You charge me to use it and now I send out a product and have to wait for my money.. this is BS. I have been with pay pal for years and never had any problems until now..If you hold up my money then you need to pay me interest and a fee for holding up my money..I think that this is a big scam and I will close down paypal and use a new source..Pay-Pal and Is owned by E-Bay and you get us bad enough with out holding up our money after we send out a product. I can't buy any thing and tell a customer that I will pay them later...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

nbleather,

Then don't use Paypal.

Make sure to close your account properly - you're liable if someone hacks into a dormant account and spends funds there.

Login to Me Too

unpleased
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone should start using CRAIGS list to sell items...there is no fee and no hold.....that would get Paypals attention!

Login to Me Too

QuidProQuo
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.

Login to Me Too

grangeranger
Contributor
Contributor

PP sure is protective they have been holding a payment from an auction winner since Thursday night. Of course they took their fee out. It was a payment for over 200.00 and we have been selling on ebay for almost 5 years. We have had  3 negative feedbacks the whole time. Not bad for five years. It was an honest mistake and we refunded them as soon as possible and right after we did they left a nasty negative. So now that we have 99.7% instead of 100% we are prone to money holds. They told us we had to move money into paypal in order to use the shipping even though our customer paid us in good faith the money to ship.  I just do not see what makes that OK. Of course they also only give you 7 days to ship or just forget about being protected. I started cracking up at that point. Protected how do I protect myself from paypal when it is pay pal that will hold my payments, dip into my bank funds, charge my credit card, and take a fee for the service provided? Normally I do not even have to worry but my approval rating dropped 3/10 of a percent so I can see how I should be protected from myself.

It is about time, I will have enough money to gas up the car and drive to the South Bay for the San Jose gathering, when is that? I cannot wait!:smileyhappy:

17 hours later ...still holding

won the battle but lost the round

maybe I can spare change people at the plaza this morning, I'll make a sandwich board sign that reads

"victim of pay pal ebay item money hold, can you spare some change?"

i wonder if when it is payday at the pal they hold employee pay checks because they want to make sure workers do not quit their job  during the weekend. This way it protects the employee by making sure they come back on Monday  to get the pay check they wish they had all weekend.

Does anyone know a good way to protect the management level workers?

The execs are easy to protect the management hide all the spray paint and model glue from them and that way they can be real innovative about how to protect ebay sellers in new ways. It is a very complex cycle, you just cannot let the buyers hamster run backwards on the Habitrail wheel it creates a very powerful vacuum that might **bleep** all the money up so that  it makes free trade non existing.

Unless you get a sweet deal on cases of model glue to drop ship. Does anyone know if that category is considered high risk? 

:smileywink:

Login to Me Too

rictazero
Contributor
Contributor

This is a terrible policy.  I now have to find another way to pay my student loans because paypal isn't going to give me the money in time.  Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

rictazero wrote:

This is a terrible policy.  I now have to find another way to pay my student loans because paypal isn't going to give me the money in time.  Thanks a lot.

I keep on saying this like a broken record ( or CD if you prefer. Gosh, I'm showing my age! ) But it's al good because there are lots of people out there like you who either are doing business on eBay and dealing with PayPal for the first time or you're a seller/buyer that hasn't been in the mix for sme time. You have to backtrack and look at some of the previous posts. There's tons of information regarding this topic!

Login to Me Too

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

it is terrible.  That is how they make all of their money folks.  I am assuming that you live in CA.

Read my reply to other e mails.  check out the site Institute for Legal Reform.  Watch the T.V. ADS.

Then start telling everyone you can not to vote for the woman who is going to run for our Governor.  Took

a few days for me to put 2 and 2 together.  Ms Ebay herself wants to be our Governor.  Can you just imagine what effect 

it would have on our state?  She will prob keep all of the tax returns for who knows how long  I could not believe it at first.

She is being sued from everywhere.  Please let everyone know not to vote for her.

Login to Me Too

Slygathor
New Community Member

I recently sold an item on ebay, and the seller graciously paid with paypal. I thought it was awesome, but now I'm not so sure. I can't touch the funds, it keeps telling me they're on hold until "1) The item has been delievered; 2) Positive Feedback has been posted". Well I shipped the item using USPS which I payed for through PayPal. And it was delieverd on the 22cnd of February. So why aren't my funds available yet? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.