HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Nwestbay
Contributor
Contributor

I spazz out myself, has anyone one here ever had funds immediately wired to their accounts only to be told their funds were on hold?  Bet not, because it is ILLEGAL!  Just thought I would put my 2 cents in the pot.  This is unacceptable and hopefully action will be taken!  Spazzing With You All The Way!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Nwestbay wrote:     

I spazz out myself, has anyone one here ever had funds immediately wired to their accounts only to be told their funds were on hold?  Bet not, because it is ILLEGAL!........

Glad you agree. And there is action being taken. Log on to www.letssuepaypal.com. And if you monitor this discussion board others will post different links related to this topic and make you do the old Arsenio Hall: Hmmm!

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Djten wrote:

MissCrystena wrote:       

Wow you are angry. Paypal has held mine in the past too, but I didn't go all gunhappy on them.......

Mine was cleared. Yes I was angry because it was a 200 dollar phone sale and I desperately needed the money, but spazzing out on a forum doesn't really get the money any faster. Plus I'm sure it **bleep** them off to read it and now they are going to make sure to hold all of your money in the future. :smileyhappy: Happy selling!.........

I'm glad you're able to take a much more cool, calm, and collected approach to this however , everyone doesn't feel the same. First, you may not be selling at a high volume or doing this as a sole means of income whereas others might. Also, I am one of the people who've been doing business on eBay since before all this hold foolishness came about. So folks may be spazzing out unnecessarily at times, but I for one agree with most of them.

And also, it's not about spazzing out but being straight out lied to! After I joined this disscusion board and started blowing up eBay and PayPal too, I decided to increase my store volume and take a chance on selling again. And to doubly make sure, I emailed PayPal and they said there were no restrictions on my account. (***Point: you're an individual seller. I sell items for a distribution company). So, someone buys an item from my store and I thought everything was cool. I go ahead and make the transaction through PP. Then about 10-15 minutes go by and then I get an email saying my payment's on hold! I wrote and told PP that I thought that was very underhanded!! You see Miss C, when you're an indidual seller you can be a little more tolerant of the hold policy. But when you're told that nothing's wrong with your account and when you sell stuff for somebody else then it's a little different.

So then, I tried to reverse the transaction but PP further went ahead and paid the distribution company for the item. So then the company unassuningly ships it the buyer. Not only was the money taken out of my checking account but I was charged a $35 overdraft fee ! I spoke to my bank and luckily they were understanding enough to reverse the overdraft fee because they said it happens all the time. And just as fortunately, I was able to communicate with the buyer and we were able to work things out. Other people are not as lucky. Now you tell me: why wouldn't I have a good reason to "spazz out??"

One last thing: all that spazzing has gotten quite a bit of feedback, which is what discussion forums are for in the first place. Lots of information came across by way of business news and other links that show how big this issue really is. For instance, did you know that in '02 eBay bought PayPal for a billion dollars?? Or that a few years ago Louis Vuitton spazzed out on eBay by suing them? And I have since opened up two new online stores and am using about 2 to 3 different pay methods, and I left eBay alone. Yeah, people may be spazzin' but if you delve into this thing you'll understand why.

****P.S.: In case you or anyone else is interested, my stores are www.blujay.com/tenthedj, and www.gadgetmanonline.ioffer.com.

And also I'm not trying to chastize or criticize you. Only enlighten you Smiley Wink.

Hey Djten

Way to go--I have never seen you this upset but you spoke volumes. People do come to these forums for help, support, whine etc.  For my part I have learned a great deal by staying around to support as best I can.  Like you, Djten I have moved on but I am a casual seller and have been for years.  I am experiencing a great deal of sales through Amazon and Craig's List. You have to love Craig's list-free to list, cash in hand and no fees or feedback!!!

I will check out your stores.

Login to Me Too

unpleased
Contributor
Contributor

So you think merchants should have to call paypal everytime they make a sell?

Login to Me Too

billder99

I just bought a guitar online. I would not have done this if Pay Payl did not provide me the protection it does. Think about that Sellers! Forget about the inconvenience of having Pay Pal hold your funds... they are protecting Bellers, and this means you will have more sales! It is not reasonable to expect them to immediately release funds without giving buyers a chance to inspect the merchandise. The only type of person who would disagree with this is a Scammer.

Login to Me Too

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

You have got to be kidding me.  Why don't you read 50 -100 comments left about the 21 day hold.  If you still feel the same and want to call everyone a scammer you should go to work for PayPal.  I hear they are hiring mental midgets.

Login to Me Too

unpleased
Contributor
Contributor

You need to try selling something on Ebay pal!

Login to Me Too

jazzback
Contributor
Contributor

I Decided to wait 21 Days and then I will be Closing my Ebay and Paypal Account.... Then Sell on Craigslist... They have Access to my bank account and can pull the money out of my bank account and refund my Buyers if I **bleep** them... I will email my Buyers and let them know They have to wait until Friday before I ship their items... I do not have enough in my checking account to ship them... IT **bleep** TO BE A NEW EBAY USER... I QUIT!!! I may consider contenuing if this is probationary.

Login to Me Too

st3ezy
Contributor
Contributor

thats a good idea, im through with all these new policies and hidden ones I dont know about...i dont have the time to read up on them and try to reason.

Login to Me Too

jazzback
Contributor
Contributor

I decided 42 days... I will not pay my eBay fees for 21 days after I get my bill. I got my buyers taken care of... It is not fair to punish them but I will be going to press with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.