HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Djten wrote:

BigTPoppa wrote:   

Well femsol you can't get tired just cause some new people are late at getting the information .....

All of us that have been looking at this information for awhile.......

I would not expect someone to say in July of 2010 go back to December 2009 and read all those important posts. Lets all stick together and continue the fight .......

Yeah, I kinda agree with Pop a little. I mean, it would be nice if those 7/10 posters would go back to catch up but we still have to keep the fire burning if we're going to win this thing. And who knows, maybe somebody else will come along with some new info and some new links which will further aid the cause.

Hi BigTPoppa and Djten,

I apologize for my tone.  You both know I continue to read and post links of interest including the financial news as well as legal news both in the US and internationally.  I am not abandoning ship in fact when I received the email from the administrator of letssuepaypal dot com I  posted the email on all active PayPal forums,  I later discovered that all of my posts had been removed.  I now refer people who did not get a chance to find out about this in time to go to the letssuepaypal webpage and check the contact section--that lists the law firm and contact person--they are getting ready to file.  I have been slammed about promoting a class action however I continue to do so out of principal and not how much money we may or may not get--including that I have been told over and over that this is a waste of time and only makes the attorneys rich.  I will continue to suggest it to newcomers and I will also continue to post links but I started feeling that I was beating my head against the wall and I actually have to work as well.  It just seems easier to come into this forum and post without using the search function within this forum or going back a few pages. I did not mean to suggest that all 130 pages needed to be read but you can type in Class Action or other search terms and it will pull up the posts regarding then look simply at the most recent entries to catch up. 

Thanks to you both for pointing out that we do need to continue to encourage new posters and offer support.  There is a wealth of information in this forum alone--with alternatives auction sites, payment sites and other help. 

I certainly hope that by July 2010 the class action has been filed, and going through the normal procedures, sellers have moved on to other auction sites and payment processors or it would be nice to see if eBay/Papal have made positive changes--in fact learning from the new posters that this practice is still blatant does help us know that PayPal is doing business as usual. 

Will try to tone down my posts:) I am afraid that many times my business manner and tone take over my posts:) 

I will leave you with a new link to a Forbes article- read the comments--especially from MsPat:  http://blogs.forbes.com/greatspeculations/2010/03/12/the-hit-to-ebay-from-merchandise-price-declines...

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Femsol wrote:  

I apologize for my tone.  You both know I continue to read and post links of interest .......

I have been slammed about promoting a class action however ........

I will continue to suggest it to newcomers and I will also continue to post links but I started feeling that I was beating my head against the wall .......

Thanks to you both for pointing out that we do need to continue to encourage new posters and offer support.......

Beleive me, it's not a problem. It's natural to lose faith and hope  (here's my sports comparison again), and the rookies hardly ever come into the league with the same experience that the vets have. But believe me, those that want to win will follow the veteran's lead and go the extra mile and find. ways to win. Those that want to find out what this whole thing is about will backtrack and read the previous posts. And the rest will just sit and wonder what's going on. That's why the starters become starters, and people like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Wayne Gretsy win championships and/or become superstars while the rest sit on the bench and watch Smiley Wink!

Login to Me Too

wolfdaddy205
Contributor
Contributor

TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT AN INTEREST SCAM GOING ON WITH THE PAINPAL

NOT IMPRESSED

Login to Me Too

antney137
Contributor
Contributor

Sold some items and since I was new to ebay it said payment was being held till buyer received item. Got an email that money was no longer on hold but does not show anywhere on paypal. What do I have to do?

Login to Me Too

aoftoday
New Community Member

what does it mean when you dont get your money off of pending after the 3 day wait time?

i got a email telling me that the package was delivered on the 8th and its the 11th and still my money is not in my pay pal balance...... as availible....

i sold something off of ebay!

thank you 

Login to Me Too

reality24
New Community Member

Well Ebay owns Paypal and that's quite a monopoly, so they hold our money hostage for 21 days.  It gives total control to the buyer and frustrates the sellers, and the sellers are the backbone of the business. Crazy way to keep customer satisfaction on track. 

Login to Me Too

Barak
Contributor
Contributor

Hello seller. As much as you've gotten use to doing business on Ebay, ( when this paypal thing worked), it may be time to find another medium or forum to do business that's less complicated. Over the past year I've used a local free listing service with surprisingly "great" results. A localized service allowing to post an item with pics. The response has always been within hours after posting, complete sales transaction was completed in 24 hours or less, even selling a car within 12 hours after posting.  I would mention the name of the listing service but I don't want to get "knocked off line", like yesterday when I mentioned the name of the other free service.

Do better in this new year seller, Barak.

Login to Me Too

5black4
Contributor
Contributor

I think that the sellers and buyers know the free local service. I have used it with success, but you have to find a buyer in your city. Almost all of the items I have bought & sold have not been from  my city. Also I have wanted to buy an item from another city and the sellers are not prepared or interested in packaging the item and reminded to avoid "scams" to buy or sell locally.

I do wish that this was as effective option to my items that I sell but unfortunately it has not been. I also list them on this source as well as ebay ....and it has been ebay that has sold the item.

This makes an interesting point. It is not that ebay/paypal are bad concepts...it is that they are very poorly managed and incorporate unwanted policies that undermine the people that make them successful. To me this is foolish...but the"bean counters" are on their way of destroying a good business. 

Login to Me Too

lingo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello...If the listing service you are talking about is the same one that we sell a number of items I have been given to understand that it is also owned in part by ebay...do you know?

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lingo wrote:

Hello...If the listing service you are talking about is the same one that we sell a number of items I have been given to understand that it is also owned in part by ebay...do you know?

About Craig's List and eBay.  Tthere is no love lost between these two companies and they are embroiled in a lawsuit right now as they each sued and counter sued one another.  eBay bought 28% share of Craig's List in 2004 and expected to have a director's seat on their board.  Craig's list issued more stock to the owners which diluted eBay's shares, eBay did not get a say on the Board of Directors  and now there is this law suit. 

Interesting that in this case eBay is playing the victim--now how ironic is that.   Naybe they should think about us as being victims of eBay's above the law attitude.

Two links of interest:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601204&sid=aTJIOiAsr2MMd and

http://www.businessinsider.com/lessons-from-the-ebay-craigslist-fiasco-2009-12?utm_source=feedburner...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.