Error Message when Printing UPS Label: This User ID already exists.

shoregirl
Contributor
Contributor

I am a first time Ebay seller.  I tried to print a UPS label through Ebay and was sent to Paypal.  Paypal asked me to either enter a ups account # or enter info to create a ups account, but this error message appeared

"This User ID already exists.The contact information you submitted does not match the information on file for your UPS account. Either update your UPS account information by visiting www.ups.com or update the information below."

What does this mean?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jtrawinski

Hi,

I was just having the same problem and just fixed it last night. There is an old thread here explaining how to fix it.

Go to: Profile > More options, then click "See the classic profile version", then click Shipping Preferences on the right. Then click "Edit Address" on the top and add in the phone number you used to sign up with UPS. 

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

jtrawinski

Hi,

I was just having the same problem and just fixed it last night. There is an old thread here explaining how to fix it.

Go to: Profile > More options, then click "See the classic profile version", then click Shipping Preferences on the right. Then click "Edit Address" on the top and add in the phone number you used to sign up with UPS. 

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

jtrawinski,

Excellent research skills!  That is indeed the best way to fix that error.  Kudos to you!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

shoregirl
Contributor
Contributor

Should I change the profile page on the PayPal web page or on the UPS website?    Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

shoregirl - check jtrawinski's thread above.  It tells you how to update it.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.