Error Code #10537

kahoosier
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought some items from ebay. The seller sent an invoice from e-bay, follow the links into paypal, and no matter if I try to pay with a credit card, instant transfer, or even and echeck, I am declined. Once declined it took a while for me to see that the top of the page once again said ebay and not paypal. It took even longer to see the error code, I guess I am not the brightest. Well anyhow, the error code said #10537, and after looking it up, I found this:

Filter Decline
This transaction cannot be processed.
The transaction was declined by the country filter managed by the merchant. To accept this transaction, change your risk settings on PayPal.

Now that confused me even more, it says it is a filter set by the merchant, and yet it than tells me to change my risk settings. I don't see how changing my risk settings would affect a filter by the merchant. And even that is moot because I can't figure out how to do what they suggest anyway. Anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

kahoosier- Sorry for the confusion here.  I'm actually kinda surprised you found that explanation for the error code.  Those instructions are for the merchant, not you.  They have some sort of filter set up regarding the countries of their customers and accepting payments from them.  So they would need to adjust things for you to be able to make the payment; there isn't anything that you could do to fix this situation.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.