Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

aks
Contributor
Contributor

I 've tried completing 2 payments today and both times the pages crashed at the "confirm payment"/"pay" stages (didnt even manage to open the error page).

The money is MISSING from my web-banking statement, but I have neither received any emails from paypal verifying the transactions, nor do they show on my transaction history on the fron page. Its like they vanished into thin air as far as paypal is concerned.

Whatever the problem is, paypal needs to fix it asap!!!!

Also, has anyone that posted on here, managed to complete their transactions???

Login to Me Too

aks
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Greece too, as I suspect so is "thalassitsa".

And no, obviously there is no trusting Paypal after this...

and my account has been in a great state so far.

Could have someone hacked into the Paypal system and caused this mess?

Either way, at this moment I have lost money and the seller still waits for my payment, Paypal needs to sort this out and give explanations, not to mention a refund.

Login to Me Too

thalassitsa
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I am from Greece too! As you've said everything was fine till the appearence of the problem. I have created a new topic explaining my problem with details. I am not angry only because of the problem but because I was charged the full amount of my payment and it isn't recognised by ebay or paypal. CHECK YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS!!!! Does anybody of you have the same problem?

Login to Me Too

vdelhierro
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same stupid error and paypal dont care about it, i didnt knew there were so many people with this problem, even they couldnt explain me exactly what was the problem, TERRIBLE SERVICE

Login to Me Too

thalassitsa
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to buy this item through ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280635489649
and this message appeared when I tried to pay.
"Your request could not be processed at this time. We were not able to process your payment. Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance." and gives an error code of 10417.
Although the system didn't accept my payment, I WAS CHARGED THE WHOLE AMOUNT IN MY DEBIT CARD!!!! Paypal doesn't recognise the payment neither does Ebay!!!!

I AM TOTALLY ANGRY ABOUT IT AND I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO CONTACT DIRECTLY WITH SOMEONE TO SOLVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM! And it is not a small amount of money!!! And I am in danger to receive a negative feedback of not paying the seller....

Login to Me Too

whatare0o0o
New Community Member
Hello,

So I have been trying to purchase an item from www.bonanza.com and when I click to confirm payment I keep getting this message:

Whoops. There was an error.

PayPal Error 10417: PayPal was unable to complete this transaction. This typically means that your account does not have a backup funding source, and PayPal was unable to charge your primary funding source. We suggest that you return to PayPal to update your funding sources.

You will NOT be charged multiple times. Your payment is not processed until you see a message on Bonanza.com telling you that your order is complete.

I have tried over and over to purchase the item but I end up getting the same result. I am really confused because I do have my my banking account and credit card linked so there should be a backup funding source. I have contacted the seller and he said that it may be a problem due to paypal's update but I am not sure. Is there anyone out there who can help me please??

Login to Me Too

Galland
New Community Member

Hmm, whats going on here? Any help available please?

Login to Me Too

LxZhuk
New Community Member

I've got this error too 😞

Login to Me Too

Universal5572
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me today. They said they are investigating the problem.

Login to Me Too

zhf3213

I am getting error code 3005 for the past two days. Does anyone know what this is and does it ever get fixed?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.