Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Auskaa
Contributor
Contributor

10417     Transaction cannot complete.     The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

So im getting this error while trying to pay. i have been able to pay before, but dont know whats the problem.

Login to Me Too

rfxcasey
New Community Member

I am having this same issue. I use Pay Pal constantly with E Bay and have no problems. I am trying to make a payment to a vendor using Zencart and the transaction never completes. I don't know if this has anything to do with my email being unconfirmed but it is never an issue on E bay and I still have to log into the vendor site and Pay Pal so I don't see what the difference would be. If you ask me this all leads me to believe Pay Pal **bleep** and someone needs to come up with another defacto standard alternative that is a lot less shady and much more professional. Have you ever looked at some of pay pals policies, they are rediculuous, but your basically forced to use it as many vendors don't offer another option.

Login to Me Too

playful
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using paypal for years without any problems. This morning while purchasing a buy-it-now on ebay, after clicking "confirm payment" I recieved error code 10417 which stated "We were not able to process your payment". I use direct withdrawal from checking account which has plenty of funds in it. Customer service ran me in circles and has no info on this error message. I think this is a question for Adrian. thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

nicknack1996
New Community Member

Hi, it's doing the exact same thing to me.  I am using a visa debit card and it has plenty of money on it because I just put money on it and it took forever to log in to paypal when I went to checkout and then it gave me the same error code and said cannot be procesed at this time or some stupid crap.  I don't know what to do.  Did you ever get yours to go through?  Thanks, Nick

Login to Me Too

playful
Contributor
Contributor

yes I did. I updated my charge card info on my accounts page . I guess if your charge card outdates in October, you cannot use it in that month. (mine was only as a backup,( I have funds removed from my checking account as the default. )

Login to Me Too

TSC10405
New Community Member

Having the same issue trying to buy a 3-Pack of Hoodies. Error Code 10417, credit card is in good standing and I've used it twice today, but for some reason paypal seems to be having an issue.

Login to Me Too

playful
Contributor
Contributor

I think I fixed it............ I signed into my account and noticed that PayPal had notified me (must have ignored it with all the other paypal notifications) that my charge card was about to expire.. I updated my charge card information and was able to pay for my order.  I think this (10417) is a general error massage, that means everything is not perfect in your account information. Go check it and examine closely. 

Login to Me Too

pawleysgirl
New Community Member

I did check that and my card does not expire for another year.  Other suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Osciel
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem, and my debit card expires on 2016, what can be the problem??? there is some kind of limits of purchaces?? because i used my paypal to buy some itmes in wall mart but then i coud not buy in ebay, anyone knows whats going o???

Login to Me Too

Leandro_Pires
New Community Member

I'd this problem too. So, I found out there was two credit cards registered in Paypal: my new card and the old card. The new card was active as primary, but even so the old card (secondary) blocked the payment. I needed to remove the old card from Paypal, then I suceeded in make the payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.