Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Giuliodacomo
Contributor
Contributor

I have te same problem, please help us.

Login to Me Too

BarbyVampire
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here! please help me! fix this please! Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

RoiStallion
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a computer expert. But, I think Pay Pal and Ebay are having a "Your Session Has Timed Out" Issue! I think a Virus (Bug) is causing evryone's Pay Pal payment processing operation to time out in just a couple of seconds. Before, the payment process can even be completed. So, I used the "Buy it Now" option for an item, I have been trying to purchase for days. I did not wait for each page to download completely in the checkout process. When the link that says "Make Payment" appeared on the final page. Even while the box at the bottom of the page said (10 items remaining) in the page downloading process. I went ahead and hit the make payment link, and my Pay Pal payment WAS PROCESSED! Another words, I did not let each page completely download, where the word (Done) appears at the bottom left. But, I did wait long enough for the (sign In), (continue) and (make payment) links to appear. I am not saying this will work for everyone. But, I was able to suqeak a payment through this 10417 Error.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey All,

I know this issue is frustrating.  This topic was already solved.  This actually isn't an 'error', but our security model refusing to complete your payment.  You can call us and we might be able to find some workarounds, but honestly if the security model says no, then you won't be able to make the payment.

Andy

Login to Me Too

epac
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Andy - you're not telling anyone the "why". Why is this happening?? What, specifically, about the "Security Model" is impeding people from making purchases? For example, I am in the US and tried to pay a UK seller who was charging me in British Pounds. My credit card should handle the conversion under the covers, but I get the error. When I tried to pay someone in US dollars, it works fine! So does it have to do with foreign currency exchanges? PayPal has shown no ownership of this problem...they need to come out with a statement telling the public that their "Security Model" (which, again, no one is explaining) may affect them and their ability to pay for purchases!

Login to Me Too

RoiStallion
Contributor
Contributor

You know what Andy? This issue has not been resolved, and I am truly sick of reading your replies to everyone's post, claiming that this problem is fixed. I have been using Pay Pal for ten years now, and I have been a Pay Pal Advantage member for several years. That means I use your service to send OVER $5,000 a year to merchants for products and services I have purchased! Right now, I have one last Ebay item that I just might win the bidding on, in a little over six hours. I do not want to spend hours on the phone with your completely inept customer service people (again), who still can't find a way, for me to send any funds at all! I will most likely have to call the Ebay merchant and arrange payment through my credit card, and I have NEVER had to do that, until now! 90% of the time, I have also never received refunds from Pay Pal, for Ebay items that were never delivered by sellers. I have lost thousands of dollars, because of the unprofessional ethics of Pay Pal, and if I am unabel to send payment for this final Ebay item. I will cancell my accounts with you and Ebay, and will NEVER use your services again. I will move my business to Amazon.com, and other sites, and they can profit from my $5,000 to $10,000 annual spending...Then, I will file a lawsuit and invite all of the other customers, who you are losing in droves right now, to join in and make it a class action suit! Don't believe me? Just watch me! Now, are you going to give us real answers...or just lie through your teeth again? You have 24 hours to find a real solution, or watch me and hundreds of other angry customers take you to the cleaners. I have never lost a lawsuit yet, and this one is fast becoming an open and shut case! You are not a politician! So please, no more lies! You can revert back to the old security model or choose another security provider. The choice is yours. But, if you have no more Pay Pal members. Your stocks become worthless and then the company is disolved, and you are out of a job my friend.

Login to Me Too

upsetmasq

so your telling me that the system gets to decide if i use my own money or not? thats bs. i bid for and won a very expensive saxophone and now i can't pay for it because your system doesnt want me to/ are you people stupid or some thing? thats NOT a solution!

Login to Me Too

mike1515
Contributor
Contributor

ok thats it for me im using another site i dont care what the rates are as long as they cant hold my own moneyy is there a fast way to delete your account?

Login to Me Too

BarbyVampire
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent a mail to the paypal customer service, i hope this get fixed soon Smiley Sad this is getting really annoying...

Login to Me Too

Bernardino
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I'm actualy new here and i'm having the same problem.

What do I need to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.