Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

matthlewis
New Community Member

Having this same problem. I don't want to link up my bank account with Paypal, I just want to use my card like I've been doing forever. Paypal, please provide some help.

Login to Me Too

babycat90
Contributor
Contributor

nk they let ypu now hun because people have beemn using pypal amnd some1 elses bank then the bank payment dont clear and the seller just gets whats paid via paypal try linking bank budont pay any debits via it or it will confirm it as default and your sales on ebay wil be sent there and they fail because not fixed amost of time i made this mistake at new year ive removed bank but i to cant pay with card that shows there but need a new expaned num which i cant find anywere lol

Login to Me Too

babycat90
Contributor
Contributor

hi is because your card or bank as expanded its use there you need to re link it there to re autherize it i give up they request i pay my owed amount by check or another card which i dont have so cant pay sellers here again so more cases against me it wont even let me pay if i try as guest it says you have a paypal and if i try to pay with card from another email it says this cant be linked 2 another paypal account and they know it been removed so hows it stil linked ?i totally give up a whole month ive had issues there

Login to Me Too

mirnakinez
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.I just bought an item but i can't pay for it.Help me please! it just says : 'We were not able to process your payment. Error Code #10417' i really dont know what to do anymore,i even tried paying as a guest,but the same problem appears at the end !

Login to Me Too

juzzyandsar
New Community Member

same issue, very annoying pain in the butt........

Login to Me Too

PatchGuyFi
Yep, I got it, too. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Login to Me Too

Gecko04
Contributor
Contributor

I recently won item on ebay and now I can't complete transaction. When I use Paypal and click on to complete transaction error code 10417 comes up. I have never had this problem before with Paypal. It is really annoying that I can't purchase item.

Login to Me Too

pepsod
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this error code #10417 for several weeks now. In my case I cannot pay the seller via my credit card. The only way to pay is if I do have money on my paypal account.

If I have the whole amount on my paypal account there is no problem at all. But even if I don’t have enough funds I can just top up the account from my credit card and that works to.

But if I don’t have any funds at all then I can’t use my credit card as I always get error code # 10417. Observe that it is the same credit card both times.

I have been in contact with paypal support numerous times but they never answer my question. Instead they always blame my bank for denying their authorization request.

I my opinion paypals technicians are incompetent and paypal support are a bunch of brainless people who just send out the same nonsense answers over and over again.

Login to Me Too

jhornyak88
New Community Member

I have the same problem: Error code #10417. Now I try send money to my paypal account. I hope it will work....

Login to Me Too

srt456
Contributor
Contributor

What works for me after two unexplained instances of 10417 is to use another card and DO NOT add it to your Paypal account. Go through the process of paying as a GUEST. NEVER log in to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.