Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

bridgey77
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here. Keep getting Error Code #10417 whenever i pay ANYTHING using paypal.

Login to Me Too

vkannel
Contributor
Contributor

I transfered money to Paypal account and then I was able to pay for my items BUT this means that credit card doesn't work. Why they don't advertise this on their site OR at least they should give a feedback to people who have a problem. Any way this solution worked for me and hopefully Paypal will resolve this error problem soon enough. Meantime I am not planning to buy anything through Paypal system.

Good luck everyone and have a Merry Christmas....or a smile at least.

Login to Me Too

Freestyler
New Community Member

Same problem... 

Login to Me Too

xisbayad
New Community Member

i have the same trouble..

Login to Me Too

ardudley01
New Community Member

I cannot pay for anything I am getting this message too. How do you get it fixed?

Login to Me Too

jgonzalezus
New Community Member

I also have the same problem. Any ideas? Also tried to pay through Paypal.com ("Send Money" tab > "Pay for eBay Items"), this old solution doesn't work anymore.Please Paypal, HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

crisss16
New Community Member

I am having same problem, even though there is funds in my bank account and bought stuff from ebay the day earlier. Not F happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Temp20240123fk
New Community Member

--- SOLVED ---

I got the same issue. It turned out that the fault is on side of Credit Card company who blocked my card as they were suspecting that my card was being misused. I eventually called Credit Card company, confirmed that payments requested were genuine and the next day everything was working again. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

MichealMcKeown
New Community Member

I had the same problem with the error, had funds in account etc and had used the card before to buy things.

I was using google chrome and kept getting the error, and i switched over to Internet explorer and it worked!

maybe worth a shot!

Login to Me Too

murty7

Im having the same problem too  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.