Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Calistto
Contributor
Contributor

Please help. I can not pay a prize on Ebay. An error code # 10417. In advance thanks.

Login to Me Too

slekjr
New Community Member

I had this problem last night and called Paypal for help.

I understand that technology doesn't always work, but it would be nice to get someone on the help line that could do more then try to sell me fries with that order.

I was told there was a problem with the seller and they couldn't guarantee delivery or some such nonsense.

anyway, I got absolutely no help from the Paypal rep and no answers either, Ebay was no help either.

This so called technician should have been able to help. If there is a glitch in Paypal software then fix it. 

I had just spent about an hour ordering many items and then got this message.

After 3 tries from my Paypal account I tried paying as a guest user and the payment went through.

I had an account 6 years ago and had a problem with Paypal that they couldn't correct for some unknown reason so I wound up having to send a seller a check and wait for merchandise. I dropped my account then and just got another one and in all this time it is still the same old no help crap.

I figure3 since it took me as a guest that it WAS something the rep could have helped with.

Login to Me Too

vdelhierro
Contributor
Contributor

I ve been trying to buy on eBay and now appears me this frustrating message,NO ONE in paypal could explain me what the real problem is, my credit card is already confirm, theirs no problem with my credit, so why paypal dont let me buy what i want on ebay because i buy in other website and i dont have any problem

Login to Me Too

yarnboz43

I am having the same problem, and these are ebay purchases where seller accepts paypal only.  I am extrememly unhappy with the lack of responsiveness of the firm and believe they need to do something fast.  If people start posting about this "error" glitch on Facebook there will be a major PR problem.  All I want is functionality in this service, but they'd better address their users' complaints.

Login to Me Too

vdelhierro
Contributor
Contributor

there must be something we can do, a lot of people are having this problem and paypal dont care, it is one of the worst customer service i ve ever had, sellers and buyers are getting so disadvantaged with this stupid problem

Login to Me Too

Limousin21

It seems that there is still a problem with payments on ebay via paypal!

I have done quite a few transactions over the past weeks on ebay with no problem.    This morning the payment would not go through.    Error 10417 came up and they could not complete the payment.

I telephoned paypal who told me that it is a problem with ebay and not with paypal.    Apparantley ebay have been informed of the problem and I should try later.      Paypal also suggested that the person I wished to send the money to should raise an invoice on paypal so as to circumvent the problem with ebay.    Not sure that it is all going to work!

Login to Me Too

alxchahlk

i need to make a payment in ebay but this code (Error Code #10417) is appeared and i can't make any payment.. the seller is getting impatience and going to report and giving negative feedback.. what should i do??? i've contacted ebay customer service and they said this is paypal problem.. please solve this problem ASAP!!!

Login to Me Too

nmaldonadom
Contributor
Contributor
Hello!!!! I have THE SAME PROBLEM!!! Error Code #10417 Please I need to make a payment today!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

hprueser

I have been having the same problem. When I call pay pal they say it has to do with the limit set by my bank based on the error code  they are showing. There is no problem with my card or the limit my bank has set. it doesn't make sense, they were able to charge the 1.95 to varify the card, but now i can't make my payment and have to call the seller and make a payment directly with them. Not everyone is lucky so have this option. This is probably the last time I use pay pal or ebay for that matter! GRRRR

Login to Me Too

devtar
New Community Member

Im facing the similiar issue. Need help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.