Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

zemkos

same problem here, tried to find a solution in the greatest topic tagged as solved, but nothing...debit card limit is OK ( i called to my bank) and i cant find what s wrong...

and seller seems to be **bleep** of it too

Login to Me Too

kalifa1974
Contributor
Contributor

it is too bad no one in paypal cares!!!Smiley Mad 

Login to Me Too

user_number45
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem since yesterday. Would really like to know what's going on. 

Login to Me Too

The-One
New Community Member

Man Mad Happening To Me Too!!! Man Mad

Login to Me Too

DwainAdams

Error Code #10417      Pay pal has worked before and I use it often. Please fix this problem.

Login to Me Too

monkey_truong
New Community Member

I'm trying to order some shoes off of eBay, I sign in, confirm everything then this, "Your request could not be processed at this time" message appears, and it's not letting me make my payment. Please Help.

Login to Me Too

BHS828
Contributor
Contributor

I know I'm not the only person having this problem, but aside from two posts by a moderator I haven't seen any helpful advice or information from PayPal's staff about how to resolve this. The solution the moderator pointed to has been deleted, and nowhere on the site's help section is the 10417 error code listed.

I've tried multiple times to pay, through both eBay and PayPal's checkouts, and neither works. The moderator said something in his post about getting people to work on this error if they heard more complaints about it happening. Well, I and over a dozen people can safely claim that this is NOT an isolated incident.

Login to Me Too

Mormelar

I am having the same problem. Hoping for a solution soon.

Login to Me Too

romero1718
New Community Member

I'm having this same trouble too after struggling long hours to bid on this item (which I won) now I can't even confirm the payment! Fix this paypal!

Login to Me Too

I can't agree more I just tried to buy something thats on sale for a limited time today and the user requires immediate payment from paypal and then I get slammed with this error code!

But I have also looked around and seen ZERO solutions from Paypal, how unsettling

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.