Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Hey Everybody!

We have news. Our engineers have investigated, and determined that this error is actually not a bug. In almost every case, our security model is halting the payments. They are going to work on the wording of the message to try and clear up the confusion (too late, I know :)), but if you get this "error" message, the best solution would be just to call us so we can review your account, see what's hanging up, and see if there's any workarounds.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

PayPal_Andy

Hey Ionta- Sorry to hear you're having a problem making a payment.

The 10417 error is a new issue that I just found about a week or so ago and we're attempting to figure out exactly what the issue is and how to resolve it.  We don't have too many reports of issues, so I would encourage anyone out on the boards who is having this issue to either post here or call us so we can report it. 

I have added your account to the trouble ticket and if we can get some more accounts to add, hopefully we can get this fixed ASAP.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haimerher
New Community Member

I have the same trouble

Login to Me Too

monmon4girl
New Community Member

same problem. hellllpppp!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Huggy_Tha_Bear
Contributor
Contributor

I just got the same error... 😞 I was paying some auctions I'd won but noticed I forgot to pay one more so I tried to and it gave me the error... I plan on attepting it in an hour or so and seeing if it'll go thought but the funds are more then available so idk why it won't let me buy it!! Help!! I really want my item lol!!!

Login to Me Too

adamosu1
Contributor
Contributor

you need to add funds to your paypal account. do a money transfer from your linked bank account if you have one added to your paypal. i had the same problem too and it said i had a balance of 0. i transferred 20 dollars to my account and tried to buy something and it worked!

Login to Me Too

411gf
Contributor
Contributor

Yea this happened to me too   i did just like you did  transfered fund yo paypal acc't    also i tried one of other thing while waiting for fund to be available   log into paypal   click on  send money  fill in who you are sending money to  and amount     if you   click on   this is a purchase of  'Good'  then transaction will go through   if you click on' Ebay good'  then it'll take you to ebay site to make pmt  then you 'll see Error code it won't let you pay.     i was lucky all sellers were good to me when i explained a problem i'm having.     

Login to Me Too

breehanna_mae

I too am having this problem! I hope the sellers understand!

Login to Me Too

EddieK
New Community Member

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP.

Login to Me Too

kotto
New Community Member

I have same problem with my Mastercard. I paid to one eBay seller in the morning without any hassles, but now when i'm trying to submit payment to antoher i always get Error Code #10417.

Please advise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.