Ebay feedback and the new funds hold policy

harleygrandma
New Community Member

I understand the reason behind the new 21-day hold on PayPal deposits. However, I sell on Ebay. Some buyers will not leave feedback even if there is no problem with the transaction.I have had this happen several times. I have never had a problem with anything I have sold on Ebay. You can't make  buyers give feedback.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Nor do you have to rely on their feedback - just ship with DC and, when it shows delivered, Paypal releases the funds 3 days later.

Login to Me Too

otherright
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that.They dont

Login to Me Too

Thescam
New Community Member

Its the biggest scam going.

They hold your money to determine if buyer is happy, but when buyer does not have to leave feedback, its just an easy way for paypal to collect interest on money that is not really theirs and hold it longer than they should.......errr, ummm, while they determine if buyer is happy based on feedback that is not mandatory.  I just laugh sometimes!

I sold some items too and I fall under the NOOB sellers. My items sold over a month ago and 1 person left positive feedback, which completely shows the buyer got the item and is happy. But yet no money was released!

So, paypal, it has been determined that the buyer is happy based on your OWN standards, but yet here I am having to track you down, take time out of my day.............when everything is copesthetic based on your standards!  Its amazing.

And I wonder who gets the interest on this HOLD account.  Ebay, paypal(the businesses) OR  the buyer, the seller(the customers)? One guess is all you need!

Good thing I did not sell my house.  I would be out of a house and not have any money to purchase another, just because of crazy **bleep** policies that can't be enforced........buyers leaving feedback.  I wonder if DC would rectify this dilemma and how so?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@Thescam wrote:

Its the biggest scam going.

They hold your money to determine if buyer is happy, but when buyer does not have to leave feedback, its just an easy way for paypal to collect interest on money that is not really theirs and hold it longer than they should.......errr, ummm, while they determine if buyer is happy based on feedback that is not mandatory.  I just laugh sometimes!

I sold some items too and I fall under the NOOB sellers. My items sold over a month ago and 1 person left positive feedback, which completely shows the buyer got the item and is happy. But yet no money was released!

So, paypal, it has been determined that the buyer is happy based on your OWN standards, but yet here I am having to track you down, take time out of my day.............when everything is copesthetic based on your standards!  Its amazing.

And I wonder who gets the interest on this HOLD account.  Ebay, paypal(the businesses) OR  the buyer, the seller(the customers)? One guess is all you need!

Good thing I did not sell my house.  I would be out of a house and not have any money to purchase another, just because of crazy **bleep** policies that can't be enforced........buyers leaving feedback.  I wonder if DC would rectify this dilemma and how so?

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

Bud, you have 2 choices - do something to fix the poroblem or whine about it.

Whining accomplishes nothing.

You ship with DC to protect yourself from a claim and to show paypal that you've delivered stuff so they'll release your money.  If they don't release your money, you phone them and that fixes it.

If you're going to be in business, then ACT like you're in business.

Small business SOLVES problems - losers whine about them.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Then you phone paypal and jog their elbow.  Their number comes up when you clicl on 'contact us'.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.