Ebay: When setting up automatic payment, I'm redirected to

Aeristae
Contributor
Contributor

What do I do? Please help!! 

I'm selling for the first time on Ebay, and when it comes to the "Set up Automatic payment" page and I'm redirected to Paypal, paypal says, "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks."

So I went to Ebay's FAQ and tried to set up automatic payment from there. It tells me:

"You cannot sign up for automatic PayPal payments at this time.

In order to sign up you must:

• Have an eBay seller's account. If you are trying to pay for an item, learn how to pay your seller.
  • Be registered on eBay's Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Ireland, Austria, US or UK Sites.
  • Pay your eBay seller's fees in Australian, Canadian or US dollars, Euro, Great British Pounds or Yen

I have an eBay seller's account. Or..well just an Ebay account? I don't know what a "sellers account" is and how to get it. I'm registered on the US site, and definitely paying in USD.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If aeristae is your eBay ID, you are registered as a Singapore eBay member.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Aeristae
Contributor
Contributor

No, that isn't my ID....lol.

Isn't there anything else that could possibly fix it? 

I mean, something like the location--that's so obvious...;

I think the main problem is the first part:

"...when it comes to the "Set up Automatic payment" page and I'm redirected to Paypal, paypal says, 'You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.'

It's the part right after "Review your listing."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.