Ebay Payment not showing up

ViolenteGrey
New Community Member

I recently paid for five items on ebay, everything when through clearly from what I could tell. Ebay gave me the message which said "We are processing your payments. An email will be sent to you..." basically saying confirmation would be had.

Just now (several hours later), I received an email saying that all these items still need to be paid for. I can find no evidence of my payment anywhere.

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to pay twice.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ter21wat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

You are  having exactly the same problem as me! It doesnt matter how many times you got back and click 'pay now' and go through the process you still get the same response 'we are processing your payment, an email will be sent to you shortly'...yet when you check paypal or ebay theres nothing there!! I have been having this problem since the end of october. I have reported it on here to no avail...please see my post  titled Cant send payment through ebay!!!

I have got around the issue by contacting sellers when i have won an item, asking them for their paypal email address then logging into www.paypal.co.uk and going to 'send money' and making the payment that way....and it goes through straight away!

I contacted paypal by phone today and they have advised that as I can make payments directly from paypal with no issues then the problem must lie with ebay. I then called ebay (an absolute nightmare of options to actually be able to talk to someone but think I picked option 2 for selling and then option 2 for technical problems) and they advised that there has been a problem for a while and they are working to resolve it. The advised that as I had now called in they would add my user id to the priority list and it would hopefully be resolved soon. They also said that I wouldnt receive any notification of when it is resolved so I suppose I just have to keep trying it in the hope that it starts working again.

All in all very inconvenient and no very satisfactory at all!! But at least you should still be able to make payments if you ask the seller for their paypal email address and pay directly from the paypal site.

Hope this helps 🙂

Terri

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Excellent advice from ter21wat, kudos to you!  There are a few other options our community members have reported as helping to resolve this issue:

• clearing browser cache and cookies (simple fix, yes, but it often works!)
  • if you were paying multiple sellers, try paying for one item at a time

One of these two should hopefully be able to get you past the problem that eBay is experiencing.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Miss_Mandy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing exactly this issue today. Has anyone got on more news on when it will be resolved? I've tried clearing my browser stuff, but it hasn't helped.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.