EBAY IS PAYPAL AND PAYPAL IS EBAY BOYCOTT THEM BOTH FOR STEALING FUNDS FROM THE CONSUMER!!!!!!!!

tuk
Contributor
Contributor

EBAY AND PAYPAL USERS BEWARE THAT EBAY IS WORKING AND OWNS... AND IS THE COORPATION THAT RUNS PAY PAL  SO HERE IS THE SENARIO:

A INNOCENT SELLER SELLS AN ITEM ON EBAY...EBAY TAKES THIER LISTING FEES AND A FINAL SELLING FEE

THEN THE MONEY IS SENT TO PAYPAL...WHERE PAYPAL  (EBAY IN DISGUISE) THEN TAKES A PERCENTAGE OF THE FUNDS THAT WERE TRANSFERRED

THE REASON IT TAKES 3-5 BUISNESS DAYS TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE TRANSACTION IS BECAUSE

18 MILLION USERS THAT SEND MONEY TO PAYPAL,  (EBAY OR PAYPAL) THEY ARE ONE,  USE THE 3-5 BUSINESS DAY DELAY TO COLLECT INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY

SO IN REALITY (EBAY-PAYPAL)  HAS PUT THIER HAND IN YOUR POCKET 3 TIMES,  AND YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT.

IF YOU FIGURE 18 MILLION USERS ON (EBAY AND PAYPAL)  ONE IN THE SAME  GET TO HOLD THIER CUSTOMERS MONEY FOR 3-5 BUISNESS DAYS  CAN YOU IMAGINE THE INTEREST THEY HAVE AQUIRED

THIS MAKES THE OWNERS, BOARD MEMBERS, AND SHAREHOLDERS RICH BEYOND BELIEVE,  WHILE THE CONSUMER...YOU AND I HAVE BEEN ROBBED BLIND

HERES HOW THE TRANSACTION GOES..

YOUR FINACIAL INSTITUTION SENDS MONEY.. IT GOES  TO A BANK CALLED THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK LOCATED IN NAPLES,  THEN TO PAYPAL,  AND JUST THE REVERSE WHEN YOU SEND MONEY FROM PAYPAL...IT GOES TO A BANK  TO COLLECT INTEREST THEN TO YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION,  HENCE THE DELAY OF 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS  AND THEY GET TO COLLECT THE INTEREST ON 18 MILLION USERS

THIS IS WHY  EBAY HAS PAYPAL PLASTERED ON EVERY PAGE POSSIBLE,  EVRY LINK GOES TO PAYPAL...ITS NOT FOR THE CONSUMERS CONVIENIENCE BUT FOR THE COFFERS OF EBAY!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD...EBAY IS STEALING FUNDS AT EVERY TURN...BOYCOTT EBAY AND TELL THEM YOU KNOW THIER SCHEME...DONT USE PAYPAL,  DONT USE EBAY,  UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO PLAY BY THE RULES AND PLAY FAIR AND SQUARE AND LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIER UNSCUPULOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES

I CAN BE REACHED AT <personal information removed> 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Or instead of complaining just remember you signed up for it, and if you want to use it there's certain things that happen, when you signed up for it you read the user agreements for both, right? And when you did that you knew that there were fees, right? Because you read through the user agreements, right? So if you didn't like the idea of those, you shouldn't use the service that is offered to you by eBay, and by paypal, so instead of complaining because you got charged some fees you knew you were going have to pay, just accept it, because you signed up for it, what do you expect? Do you think eBay and paypal don't want to make money? Not everything in life is free

Login to Me Too

tuk
Contributor
Contributor

Man  you missed the point and at this point,  I believe your just a dought hole,  empty and hollow in your skull.  why dont you ponder why you believe its okay for ebay to disguise itself as paypal and reach into the consumers pockets 3 times

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

EBay doesn't disguise itself as paypal, paypal is a subsidiary of eBay, so what? And about reaching into consumers pockets three times... Read my previous statement, off topic, I never understand why people attempt to insult people with things like;

'I believe your just a dought hole,  empty and hollow in your skull'

because it's not really insulting what someone says on the internet when I know they're wrong, more than anything its just not professional saying things like that especially when they don't have an affect on people, and you're the one that's wrong...

Login to Me Too

tuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hey....sorry about that coment  okay.   Ebay is pay pal  not a subsiderary,  ebay owns paypal,  i find it insulting that ebay has paypal plastered all over its web pages to direct coustomers to use paypal.  In fact  ebay wont let you sign up unless you pick an electronic payment,  if your not a business and accept credit cards then you have no chioce but to use payapl.  I find it insulting that paypal  hold funds 3-5 buisness days for an online electroinc payment.  They recieve your money then it goes to a bank where it collects interest then the release it.  Online electronic transfers were designed to move funds instanttanouesly at the speed of light.  For me I find it disgusting that ebay-paypal would do this to its customers,  Im all for making a buck  which they have done handsomly,  but hitting the consumer 3 times is for me not right.   Have a good weekend,  love the debate..  that it what makes America so great...you can speak your mind and have an opionion. 

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@tuk wrote:

Hey....sorry about that coment  okay.   Ebay is pay pal  not a subsiderary,  ebay owns paypal,  i find it insulting that ebay has paypal plastered all over its web pages to direct coustomers to use paypal.  In fact  ebay wont let you sign up unless you pick an electronic payment,  if your not a business and accept credit cards then you have no chioce but to use payapl.  I find it insulting that paypal  hold funds 3-5 buisness days for an online electroinc payment.  They recieve your money then it goes to a bank where it collects interest then the release it.  Online electronic transfers were designed to move funds instanttanouesly at the speed of light.  For me I find it disgusting that ebay-paypal would do this to its customers,  Im all for making a buck  which they have done handsomly,  but hitting the consumer 3 times is for me not right.   Have a good weekend,  love the debate..  that it what makes America so great...you can speak your mind and have an opionion. 

And someone needs to get a clue on EFT/ACH transfers.  Electronic Funds have to clear just like a paper check.

Here is a link which explains it and some ictures for the challanged

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_Clearing_House

Login to Me Too

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

tuk i red your post and i understand what you are saying and i agree with you on every word of it. but it seems that the other replier is or must be kissing up to paypal also or they just didnt read your post all the way through and jump through it was all. i have read the user agreement afew times and there are blind spots in there that paypal fails to mention or speak about. they should disclose everything about there services and how they work. on their own web site they state in big bold letters fast and instant payments well what they are doing with ebay by holding sellers payments back is not fast OR instant payments then. yet left alone they are not even following OR going by there own rules that they have set for US to follow yet as i red on these forums that alot of people have followed the rules. yet paypal fails at there end. a person shouldnt have to wait OR call in for there own money to be release from the hands of paypal for an ebay sale. you dont go to a real auction place and bid on stuff and THEN leave with the item unles YOU pay the seller right then and there and there is no middle person reaching there hands out to grab your money to hold from the seller either to make him/her wait for a long period of time. no way am i going to send an item out to someone before i have the money. i dont have the money the person doesnt have the item as its that simple and that is my policy. all the time before i always heard about all these kind of scams that was going on and red about afew being on ebay and how paypal sooo good with protecting buyers and sellers that sold things on there. that after they put the 21 day hold into effect that them selfs became part of the scammers and are now  associated with the scamming that was going on as they became part of with there own new policy of the hold funds. so now they are no better then the scammers them selfs. 

go to a friend have him/her get a friend in volove as well, buy something from that him/her but yet have the other friend hold the money from you both. now go to the authoritys and ask them if it is legal or not. This is the same game that paypal is doing right now. you a seller, a buyer buys the item and then paypal (like the other friend did) steps in and holds the money.

Login to Me Too

tuk
Contributor
Contributor

Smart man,  did you know there are class action lawsuits pending on thier practices?  Ebay and Payapl...google it

Login to Me Too

Disenchanted
Contributor
Contributor

Specifically to the 21 day hold policy from PayBay

Word of the day: Unconscionability 

The hold policy is, obviously, a contract of adhesion.

Further, it uses the language "may" when in fact it should inform new/infrequent sellers that funds WILL be held and may be held up to 21 days no matter what you do. It should be clear as to this burden.

The policy seems at best misleading. 

So does it go to the point of deception? Does it matter?

But...the policy on releasing funds three days after verified delivery uses the term "may" when it probably should read PayBay will most likely not release your funds 3 days after verified delivery...at least not unless you have the time to waste to pester them. The incongruency of the term's use is striking.

To deprive a seller of both an asset and the proceeds of that asset is an extraordinary event for any length of time. The seller needs a clear and transparent warning up front before initiating sales. The agreement appears to reach well beyond being misleading considering its burden.

Holding an asset AND the proceeds of an asset for 21 days is ... astounding. 

Would it be found unconscionable?

So...what would a regulatory body/court say about a contract of cohesion...misleading at best, deceptive at worst...containing extraordinarily burdensome mandates...drafted by a behemoth (PayBay) for us common folk?

Unconscionable? [By the way...how did the PP/EB thing pass conflict of interest/antitrust smell tests?]

Is the clause enforceable if challenged?

I can't believe it has passed muster up to now! At the least, PayBay  should be forced to make this clause completely transparent...bold type...explanation of the burden of held funds.

Even then...21 days of free use of an enormous pile of money (certainly PayBay knows the exact average of this "held funds fund" for investment purposes) seems to over-reach to me.

Just thoughts for the day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.