Customer does not receive Invoice notification

mcrabbet
Contributor
Contributor

A customer in Ontario Canada does not receive Invoice (I've tried three times by updating the invoice) --his ISP is shaw.ca and he is certain his spam filter is not set to reject communication with PayPal.com.  An exact problem occurred with another Canadian customer in Alberta in December, who also has shaw.ca as his ISP.  I have sent emails and a PDF copy of the Invoice, but how can he pay online without notification?

I have read the Invoicing documentation and have sent numerous Invoices over the past year without problems, except for these two.

Robert

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

mcrabbet,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've already had the buyer check their spam and junk folders - that's a great start and kudos to you for helping them! 

Another item they might consider is adding service@paypal.com to their address book and list of safe senders.  This may help with delivery.  If it's still not coming through, it means it's likely being blocked at the ISP level, and they may need to contact their service provider.

However, there are still ways for them to pay you that won't depend on that service provider.  If you send them a PayPal Invoice or use the Request Money feature through the regular PayPal website (not Mobile), even if they don't receive the email, they'll be able to see the Invoice/Request in their History. They can then use the link in their PayPal History to complete the payment.

Another option would be to provide them your email address and request that they send the funds directly to you via the Send Money tab.

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

mcrabbet
Contributor
Contributor

I finally succeeded in getting the customer to get the Invoice by sending them a Reminder (I also had Updated the original Invoice and resent the Update, but that did not work).  The reminder did go through and they were able to link to the Invoice I had originally sent.  I will follow up on your suggestions concerning their adding service@paypal.com and for them to check with their ISP for blocking PayPal emails.  The use of their History assumes they are a regular PayPal account holder which was not true in either case.  Thanks for your response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.