Can't pay by credit card through paypal even though its verified

lovinleos
Contributor
Contributor

As I was checking out to purchase a powerbook mac I went to pay for it through paypal but it said I needed to verify the account by adding my bank. I did that and after I did I went to checkout once again and when it went to the options for how to pay for the item only echeck was the available option and money transfer and pay by credit card were grayed out and I could not click on pay by credit card as an option to pay for the item and thats the only way I can pay for it. I've done it over and over again so it wasn't just a random mistake it was the way it was. I checked with the retailer thinking that maybe they had made it so I could only pay by echeck and he stated that I could pay by credit card through paypal but this is clearly not the case. Unless you help me I have no way to pay for the item and will not pay for it because I have no way to do so, I'm not impressed with paypal at all and because of this I doubt I'll ever use it again if this is not resolved.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

luckyladyd
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Sandypurins.  When  I clicked on your link, I also found this information: 

Limitations. If you have a Balance in your Account, PayPal will use your Balance instead of your Preferred Payment Method, unless your Preferred Payment Method is PayPal Credit or eCheck.

Didn't know that.  It never used to be that way, as I recall using my credit cards whenever I wanted to.  Guess I'll have to clear out my balance to be able to use the credit card again.  Live and learn 🙂

Login to Me Too

Pooya7
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem, i do NOT have any balance on my account, yet PP no longer lets me pay by my CC, i keep getting the messege my address is not verified !!! i been a paypal user since 2000 with the same address all of a sudden i have this issue. I did call the help line and was informed some users are having the same issue and technical team is working on it, anyone else has this fixed?

Login to Me Too

temp-0317201101
Contributor
Contributor

what the **bleep** is a echeck bs, someone should start a class action lawsuit about this. paypal is trying to avoid the fees and that is wrong. the paypal fees are already outrageous and now they want to try and be sneaky by changing it up.

Login to Me Too

scorpio5005
Contributor
Contributor

I've just received a demand for confirmation on my Paypal account. How many of these demands do I have to deal with? It says I've reached my $10K limit. I've been an Ebay buyer, repeat BUYER, for several years and have received several demands from Paypal to verify my account and address. Until now, I've complied very time but this is the stopping point for me. I get off here. If Ebay says I've made 340+ purchases and not one complaint from a seller, and Paypal still sends me this kind of demand, then Paypal and Ebay have both just lost a steady customer. I'm done because this is nonsense and can, in no way, be blamed on risk management or any other credit related excuse. It's nonsense. I will say this in parting from Ebay and Paypal, I'm glad Paypal informed me that I've spent $10K on Ebay. It makes it that much easier to say goodbye to the site. So so long, both of you. Have a nice forever with your demand messages. I'll be adding you to my spam filters. Oh, and the money I've donated to disaster relief and charity, you won't be able to skim off of from now on. Adios.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.