Can't Pay: "Your request could not be processed at this time"

Searcher7
Contributor
Contributor

I have two eBay items I need to pay for, but when I attempt to I get the following message with no explaination:

"Your request could not be processed at this time."

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Searcher7
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, since the 19th was the last day to change my accont info due to my banking changing my Visa Debit card to a Mastercard Debit card, I had to activate the new cd, which means the old card number is now invalid.

I attempted to change this, but only get the following message:

You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 3-5 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed.

I really need to get this done to pay for two eBay acutions I won.

First eBay forces everyone to use PayPal and now make it difficult to impossible to use.

Login to Me Too

cbhernan
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Don't know how to fix it, though.

Login to Me Too

Suzi-buy
Contributor
Contributor

The whole "thang" happened for me on the 19th of June. Couldn't make a payment to save my life. No one knew why but one guy at PayPal said it was a matter of security and couldn't talk to me about it. HA! I found out that the problem was with eBay and PayPal doing some kind of an upgrade/download/whatever. It should be fixed soon so in the meantime we are suppose to ask our sellers to send us an invoice to our "PayPal account" so we can pay them from there. If you go to eBay you will have more of the same, Can't process the payment at this time. Would it have killed them to put up a message to tell us to hang in there???     TALK ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Login to Me Too

mdaumen
New Community Member

This is annoying, and Ebay/PayPal have done a **bleep** poor job of notifying people.  Hey I have an idea - if something that is a mainstay of your web application is utterly broken, maybe you should notify your customers or remove that as a payment option along with some notice to your customers?  Just a thought.  I had to call in to get an explanation that was basically "yeah we know it's broken.  try later today."  Guess what?  That was yesterday and it's still broken.

Login to Me Too

rgcmonicadlr
Contributor
Contributor

i am getting the same nitification, can not proces payement code 10417.. this is so annoying

Login to Me Too

mama8705
New Community Member

This is ridiculous!  I JUST made a payment for an item not 5 minutes ago, when i tried to pay for my other item, it gives  me the "We were not able to process your payment."  Seems to be a commpon issue lately, yet theres no FAQ for it? Thanks Ebay/Paypal... Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Suzi-buy
Contributor
Contributor

It happened to me and the eBay lady told me to change my method of payment from PayPal credit card to instant payment. It will show up on the page when you go to make the payment. Look for a small "change". It shows up as PayPal and the sellers should take it just the same. Worked for me. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

LeoLedezma
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with ebay, with the error code 10417, i think that paypal doesnt let you pay more than 500 USD with the ebay cehckout and the balance. MY SOLUTION was dividing the payment on 2 parts ( ex: if you need to pay $560, you send 2 payments of 280) and that solused my problem and the seller was satisfied, so try it, i did the payment succesfully doing that,

Login to Me Too

Suzi-buy
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, nope, nope! It doesn't matter how much your payment is. My payments were as small as .99 and I still couldn't pay them. It was a problem with eBay and PayPal, NOT us. I'm glad it worked for you but I had to wait until the problem was fixed before I could pay my sellers. It seems OK now but I don't want to say that too loud, you never know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.