Can ebay transaction be done if reserve was not met...

reneg32
Contributor
Contributor

The seller would still like to sell me the item, but I as the buyer don't have the option to pay for the item through Paypal on ebay because the reserve was not met.  The seller is unsure of how to move forward with this transaction.  I want to make sure I pay through PayPal so that my purchase is insured and secure.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

The fee for listing is pretty low.  He doesn't have to pay a final value fee each time because the item didn't sell.  I wouldn't buy from someone who wants you to buy outside eBay. 

Tell him to relist it, or you won't buy.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

Tell the seller to list it again as a fixed price "Buy it Now" then you buy it.

Login to Me Too

reneg32
Contributor
Contributor

He is trying not to relist it again, because he says he gets charged everytime he relists.

Is that true?  I don't know, I've never sold anything on ebay, I've always been a buyer.

Login to Me Too
Solved

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

The fee for listing is pretty low.  He doesn't have to pay a final value fee each time because the item didn't sell.  I wouldn't buy from someone who wants you to buy outside eBay. 

Tell him to relist it, or you won't buy.

Login to Me Too

lisasebay
Contributor
Contributor

the seller has to send you an invoice for the amount and have them put for an e-bay auction and item number to get credit but yes he can still sell you the item he just has to send the invoice Lisa 🙂

Login to Me Too

reneg32
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Heather, AshNicole, and Lisa.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.