Been selling using Paypal now buyer is getting message I am not a registered user on Paypal???

KCNsCollectible
Contributor
Contributor

I am a relatively new seller on Ebay and have completed 11 sales without a hitch and have 100% positive feedback. I just sold an item but when the buyer tried to pay through paypal they got a message saying I am not a registered user on Paypal and do not have an account. All of my other sales were paid through Paypal using the same email address. The payment is showing as pending on ebay and it gives me a link to claim the payment but when I click it it goes to my Paypal account but there is nothing aboutr a pending payment or a way to claim it. I have a verified Premier Paypal account and my email address is confirmed. Anyone help me out with whats going on???

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Andy

KCNsCollectible- I must admit that I'm a tad baffled as to what the problem would be with this payment.  From everything you've said, there shouldn't be any problem.  The only thing I can think of is: Did you ever have another email address on your PayPal account that you don't use, but might have been on the eBay listing? 

An old email address that the payment was sent to that isn't confirmed and active would keep the payment pending from eBay's side and you wouldn't be able to claim in from your end.  I would recommend looking into that from eBay's side; if that's the case and you can't activate the email on your side, give us a call and we'll see what we can do!

Andy

Login to Me Too

KCNsCollectible
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We have used only one Paypal account  and one email address with this ebay id

Since my first post we got an email from Paypal saying our email Paypal email address wasn't linked to our ebay id. this  is strange since it had been linked and worked perfectly on the 11 transactions we had already completed on ebay under this id. We did as they suggested and re-linked to our ebay id, but nothing happened. The payment is still showing as pending on Ebay and saying we need to set up a Paypal account and claim it.

What is even more confusing is the email from Paypal said they can not find any record of the pending payment being made. An email from the buyer (who is a reputable 100% positive feedback ebayer with 100+ feedbacks) says she made the payment, and that it is still telling her on her end we need to set up a Paypal account and claim the payment.

Any other suggestions or thoughts on what to do? Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Well...that is rather odd. 😞  At this point, I would check through any email addresses that have appeared on your PayPal account and any that have ever appeared on your eBay account.  This issue almost always occurs when something's not matching what's on PayPal systems.  Worse comes to worse, give us a call and we'll have a looksie.

Sorry we couldn't resolve this quicker...

Andy

Login to Me Too

MPals
New Community Member

I am wondering if and how this got resolved?   I am the buyer, and am having the same problem with the sellers ebay account.   When I first noticed that the payment was pending, and saw their account was not registered, I sent them an email to let them know.   They responded with listing their paypal account name, which was different than what is showing in the my paypals transaction detail.    I cancelled my payment and tried again, thinking there may be a spot to manually  code their account.   I didn't see where this could be done?   Any advice?  thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.