Add/Update credit card link broke

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add a credit card to my paypal account and when I click the either the Profile>Add or Edit credit card OR the  Profile>My Money>"Debit and Credit Cards" Update link it takes me to a page

which shows this message

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."

Happens every time.

Anyone else have this problem? or is it just me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PMLambert
Contributor
Contributor

@jimmol wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, but...

I was able to add a card with the expiration dateto years from now. Now I get the error:

"Your credit or debit card has expired. Please update the expiration date for this card or use another card."

And it gets better. When I try to delete the one cancelled by the credit card company I get :

"You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending."

Still Can't add my new card or delete my old one
SPEAKING OF SECURITY... when I tried to post this the following message came up:
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied
I had not HTML as you can see above, unless there was some invisible in the background...

jimmol -

based on your experience, maybe I WON'T add in a new card, just yet.

It's becoming more and more obvious that there's a virus, bug, breach, or bumble bee in the PayPal system.

Thank you for the new alert!

PML

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

caseharts
New Community Member

this had happened to me as well I was overdrafted because I couldnt switch my debit card, im getting very upset paypal has cost me 40 bucks....

Login to Me Too

PMLambert
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a severe/impossible problem updating my Profile, as well.
I need to update a credit card.

I cannot get to the update/add/change credit card page. At all.

I have done the following, over and over again for the past several days:

• Clear Temp Internet files, cache, cookies.
  • Go to Profile, Add or Edit Credit Card.

At this point, I ALWAYS get the following message:

"Sorry - your last action could not be completed.
If you were making a purchase...
If you came to this page...
If you came from PayPal's website..."

I contacted PayPal via email; was given the standard Customer Service Phone.  Called it.  Was told it was a "site problem;" and I should try again in 2-3 hours.

That was two days ago.  

I will email and call again;  then re-post if I find a solution.

Login to Me Too

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

Then I guess the problem is theirs and they will get it fixed when they get it fixed.

Guess you could open another account. 

With me, my card is now invalid but I have a paypal card on the account; just to get the limit removed or verified or something. It is in their best interest not to let me put another card on since now I will be force to use their paypal account. Have to wonder though...

Login to Me Too

paul_m_1976
New Community Member

You have to be kidding me this has been going on since the 11th?

The only reason this has been broken for this long is they want you using their stupid Paypal card and not some other credit card.  

This is outright corporate dishonesty.

Oh its broken...  So sorry.  We are working on it as fast as we can.   Yeah right.   It would have been fixed in under 5 minutes if it was in their financial interest to do so. 

Login to Me Too

munjungkim
Contributor
Contributor

oh my god. 

This same thing has been occuring for me for at least a week and now I see that they are giving this s*** to other people as well, so it IS indeed paypal's problem.

Seriously, it's ridiculous how much time I spent to change a credit card expiration date. (and it was paypal that sent me that alert email to change the expiration date!)

I have tried everything other members mentioned here:

Trying cache, cookies

Tried it on Chrome, Firefox, IE on two different computers in different networks

Tried it on an iPhone

None of my cards are overdrafted/ late on payments.

I even have a paypal credit card!

Basically for the first time since I've started using paypal several years ago, this incident makes me hate paypal.

Login to Me Too

munjungkim
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted merchant tech service twice and they've sent me the EXACT SAME RESPONSE twice.

Hello Mun,

PayPal Merchant Technical Services provides assistance with integrating PayPal as a payment solution on the merchant's web site. Unfortunately, we don't have the account access available to research this particular issue for you, so you will need to contact PayPal Customer Service for better assistance. The PayPal Customer Service team is  specially trained to address this type of account inquiry. 

Please use this link to contact our Customer Service team: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general

Thanks
Messan
PayPal MTS

I find that paypal is treating customers like idiots. I'm not stupid enough to forget revolting incidents that occured only a week ago. I remember the same useless response that didn't solve anything.

Login to Me Too

PMLambert
Contributor
Contributor

Status remains the same for me - unable to add/change credit card info (goes back to 1/11/12).

I'm starting to think PayPal is having security issues.  

Thus,  I'll not be using this company for any transactions until I am satisifed that it's safe

for me (and my identity) to do so.

That means no eBay purchases for me, absolutely.

Good luck, all.

Login to Me Too

munjungkim
Contributor
Contributor

Hey PMLambert,

I just re-tried editing credit card info and it suddenly worked. I agree with you that paypal may be having security issues, but if you still wanna try editing, it might work now.

No action was taken to fix this - besides shuffling me from customer service to tech support, then to customer service to tech support and so forth - and it suddenly worked, so maybe underlying server problems have been fixed and it will work for everyone else.

P.S. Funny thing is that now I can't access my paypal card! How wonderful 🙂

Login to Me Too

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, but...

I was able to add a card with the expiration dateto years from now. Now I get the error:

"Your credit or debit card has expired. Please update the expiration date for this card or use another card."

And it gets better. When I try to delete the one cancelled by the credit card company I get :

"You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending."

Still Can't add my new card or delete my old one
SPEAKING OF SECURITY... when I tried to post this the following message came up:
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied
I had not HTML as you can see above, unless there was some invisible in the background...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.