A Fair Solution To The 21 Day Hold

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, let's face it, no matter how much we complain, PayPal is not going to stop their 21 day hold policy.  The complaining has gone on for more than a year from what I have read.   Many may not agree, but PayPal has a right to institute policy they believe will protect or enrich the business.  My problem is that they do not offer a simple means for sellers to have the 21 day hold lifted when waranted.   Right now, PayPal's answer to the many compalints is basically - if you don't like it, don't use PayPal - and although their are other money transmitters, PayPal is the most popular and directly associated with eBay.  It does not seem to be beneficial for any of us to just stop using PayPal.   However, it would seem to be very beneficial to stop selling on eBay until PayPal makes it easier to for us to have money released prior to the 21 day hold when warranted.   By joining together and not selling on ebay, we can hit both ebay and PayPal in the pockets.  eBay and PayPal need sellers just as much as they need buyers, there are other popular sites to sell on and alternatives to Paypal if need be.    Of course, for this to work, we need numbers and some of the big sellers to be effective.   Let's start with those being effected now.  If all you are going to do is complain, then don't expect relief, they have a business to run and believe their policy is vital to their properity regardless of how it effects you.  So, if you want to stop crying and start doing something about this issue, speak up and let it be known how many are on board?   A simle "yes" in response to this idea will be sufficient.

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Whoa!  Such pessimism!

Good thing you weren't in charge of the American revolution!Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

@terese2 wrote:

Whoa!  Such pessimism!

Sorry but I was not born then, so that would have been impossible.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

@terese2 wrote:

Whoa!  Such pessimism!

I wasn't born for hundreds of years later, so that would have been impossible.

So, what side and what role did you play in the Revolution ? We know the role you play in this one, but you know the one you mentioned to start with?? How about that one??

You do realize that you only cause trouble when you come in here.  Your insults are not the intention of this nor is the fact that you have learned a few new words from your dictionary, although we are all very glad to see you are using spell check so we can now understand all that you post.

It seems that many others have legitimate help to share with sellers who want to continue but aren't sure about what is really happening and how to work with it, but you do nothing but repeat the same thing over and over. We get it after reading it hundreds of times that you think all should quit Paypal and eBay. So, why don't you do like someone else suggested and go to Costco and get a merchant card. Oh, but that's right, you stated you are being very successful on Craig's List although with no mention of the payment venue you are using. If the truth be known, you are using Paypal and have no holds on your funds but just like to cause friction. But, if you are not using Paypal are happy with your selling, your current payment venue and your life, then LEAVE PAYPAL, withdraw. Why do you now care what Paypal does if not to just stir things up with your unwelcomed retorts that are of no value to any seller, not a single valuable thing to contribute to them to help them. Just name calling and a fast quit now and exit terese2. I am glad you are not a teacher of children for you never have any new material. That would be very sad.

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Gee, I'm glad you pointed out that you weren't born during the American Revolution.  How silly of me!  You have so much to offer, Seven, maybe YOU should be a teacher--not.  Or maybe you should look up another big word--literalism--and learn when it is inappropriate!Smiley Wink

And as for new material, how many times have you played the same sorry record over and over?  Let me sum up:  We're supposed to roll over for Paypal because it has an open-ended--albeit unethical and disingenuous--user agreement.  ANd nothing will ever change, because big bad Paypal is in charge.

Pathetic!  But I am sure Paypal just loves you.

Login to Me Too

@terese2 wrote:

Whoa!  Such pessimism!

take note that our founding fathers were the less than desireables from the old company not degenerate enough to burn at the cross but not desired to live amongst the better population-they were put on a boat that will go to the new world-if that person (along with their families) should live through the voyage then they could be abolished but with benifits-for the old world-boston tea parties happened-revolution, well at least revolt-and scoundrels weren't much for loyalty then, either. this country was built on enterprise, for sure. almost as if it took two and a half hundred years to prepare the people for the patriot act and ebay/paypal! (yes-i love my country-am a patriot-and feel shame sometimes-for being a part of a bovine herd....)

Login to Me Too

Lanacop
New Community Member

Sorry...but I don't believe that the economy is a legitimate excuse for PayPal in this situation when we are required to have a valid credit card on file as a back up.  Makes no sense!

Login to Me Too

paul0317
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is worse than the Government, well maybe not that bad, but a close second.

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you Paul, almost like fighting city hall (LOL).  Maybe someday we'll get a representative that's for the customer.

Login to Me Too

Thunk

I concur-- This "21 Day Hold" policy Paypal has implemented does nothing to improve the service of eBay sellers, and if nothing else, it actually hinders it when the money I would normally use for shipping through Paypal is frozen. This has only just recently affected my account, but I'm quickly discovering this is something that others have contended with for some time. I sympathize their plight, and now I'm also feeling the pain of it. I can't help but feel offended by it...

However, I'm ready to join the crusade to help put an end these unfair policies. I spent a good 2 hours on the phone yesterday with a representative of eBay, and I intend to call Paypal to lodge my complaint today. I'm going to do this everytime a have a free moment in my day, until they reverse this horrible idea. Overwhelm their phone lines and their Inboxes! Remember, eBay doesn't make their money from buyers-- They make their money from the SELLERS they're currently attacking with unwarranted policies like this! I get that this is meant to be some kind of slap-on-the-wrist, but there's simply no good reason for freezing the funds for THREE WEEKS! Release the funds within 7 days after Delivery Confirmation, under certain conditions. To go from having your funds instantly to having to wait 3 weeks is an utter shock to the system! It's completely absurd and counter-intuitive to conducting business in a timely and effective manner.

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

I started this post as a call to action and it has turned out to be equal to the other post "HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS" because all everyone is doing is complaining.  If you want PayPal/eBay to listen to your complaints, you have to hit them in the pockets.  That got your attention and I guarantee it will get there's.  Stop selling on eBay.  You need an alternative, use webstore.com, use google checkout, use alertpay, get a merchant account if possible, but stop the crying and do something constructive.  No one in their right mind can expect PayPal to simply stop their policy because people don't like it and your compalining only tells them that - you don't like it.  Stop selling, let them feel it in their pockets and we can thereby tell them that we not only don't like it - we don't want it.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.