A Fair Solution To The 21 Day Hold

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, let's face it, no matter how much we complain, PayPal is not going to stop their 21 day hold policy.  The complaining has gone on for more than a year from what I have read.   Many may not agree, but PayPal has a right to institute policy they believe will protect or enrich the business.  My problem is that they do not offer a simple means for sellers to have the 21 day hold lifted when waranted.   Right now, PayPal's answer to the many compalints is basically - if you don't like it, don't use PayPal - and although their are other money transmitters, PayPal is the most popular and directly associated with eBay.  It does not seem to be beneficial for any of us to just stop using PayPal.   However, it would seem to be very beneficial to stop selling on eBay until PayPal makes it easier to for us to have money released prior to the 21 day hold when warranted.   By joining together and not selling on ebay, we can hit both ebay and PayPal in the pockets.  eBay and PayPal need sellers just as much as they need buyers, there are other popular sites to sell on and alternatives to Paypal if need be.    Of course, for this to work, we need numbers and some of the big sellers to be effective.   Let's start with those being effected now.  If all you are going to do is complain, then don't expect relief, they have a business to run and believe their policy is vital to their properity regardless of how it effects you.  So, if you want to stop crying and start doing something about this issue, speak up and let it be known how many are on board?   A simle "yes" in response to this idea will be sufficient.

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

jayna5paige
Contributor
Contributor

Well, bully for u - most of us that are upset and feeling the pain have been hurt in a way most unbecoming!!!  I hope it does not happen to u, or me, but people have lost their businesses, their homes, their credit, etc, etc, and not very nice etc's!  OK?  Yours is the odd story of someone who has profits that are "growing"..??   - whatever...   more power to ya - and the rest of us too..   gonna go to craigs or webstore...  see you there.. 

Login to Me Too

mybabe122
Contributor
Contributor

does the word conspircy make any sense  it is what ebay and paypal do as seperate enities they conspire amongest all who they choose  they ar a monoplay as was ins phone co.that they can get away with it not acording to fed trade commision they are under investagation  soon they will hopefuly be shown to be what they a crooked set of companies

Login to Me Too

Chomlie

I simply refuse to play these games.  They have tried twice before to hold my funds.  Both times I emailed the president of paypal and cancelled all auctions and sent transaction cancellation notices to the auctions that ended during the hold up. Both times they returned my status to normal.  Well It has happened again.  

This time, a full balance was shown in my paypal account which I checked by phone.  I was at the counter checking out at a store and my debit card was declined because of  my funds being held hostage.    I went home and gave a refund to the winning bidder and I sent a transaction cancellation notice to them.  

If they return my account to normal I will sell on ebay...  If not, I will WONT sell on ebay.  It's that simple.  There are too many ways to make money in the USA for me to put up with this bull crap.  

They say they have the right to do this according to their policy...  I have the right to not use their services anymore because they are doing this.

Here is a good question for you.  How long is it reasonable for them to hold your funds?  Answer: NO TIME!  We are their customers, the buyers are our customers.  This is completely unacceptable.  I will find another way to make money.  From over $15K per month in sales to ZERO.  I guess you win, Ebay.  Congratulations.  I am moving on.

Login to Me Too

kendalmcalister
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone else heard about a class action lawsuit against ebay/paypal, or even heard of an investigation against paypal and ebay?

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Try ebid.net I have ended all my auctions from ebay to ebid.net! 1 time fee 49.95 seller for life! 5 store  & 5 pics on every auction. also list until sold for free. You can also use paypal.

Login to Me Too

aapride
Contributor
Contributor

MissyBennett
Contributor
Contributor
You said yes well, how did u hear about it? Can anyone get on the lawsuit? Where can I find info on this specifically? PS.. Thanks 4 ur post!
Login to Me Too

blueberryandcow
Contributor
Contributor

The reason they placed a hold on my account is because I wasn't selling enough. They basically said I needed to sell more to established myself as a creditable seller, even though I have sold over 50 items with ZERO buyer disputes.

What an idiotic, moronic idea that by holding my money for 21 days, I will be enticed to sell more. Seriously, what business school did you guys fail out of? 

Amazon has much lower fees, does not double dip (ebay fees then paypal fees even though they are owned by the same compnay), does not charge me 0.30 for a refund, and they do NOT hold my money. I can transfer it to my bank account anytime, any amount. Paypal limits me to 500 per month.

Sorry ebay and paypal, but your moronic management team is forcing me to go to Amazon.

P.S. - I am now accepting apologies for the stupidity you guys call your business model.

Login to Me Too

hello333

Agree totally.  I will no longer sell on ebay.  And, of course, since ebay and paypal are part of the same company....  hmmmm???  Same thing happened to me.  Out of the blue, I get put on hold with no real reason except (I guess)  I did not sell enough.  Grosse!  Plus forcing us to charge less for shipping than it actually costs to ship in some instances.

Login to Me Too

gracecountry
Contributor
Contributor

Not unlike the myriad of posts on ebay about holding peoples money for 21 days for no reason; I am very upset.  It seems that after Ebay bought PayPal, everything went down hill and they started double dipping, ripping us off on Ebay charges then Paypal charges.

When a buyer purchases something such a $2500 piano, seller beware.  I sold to a man who stated that he had the same problems in the past with large sales though PayPal on many occasions; hodling his money for 21 days while they drew interest and of course they made no apology nor tried to refund any amount overcharged.

If there is a lawsuit, please let me know as I would love to be a part of it as I know countless thousands of others would as well.  They must be put to a top defrauding people of their money.

According to their web page, I like many others followed the instructions to the tee in order to get an instant money transfert to our banks only to find that we were randomly selected by their computers to harras us and hold us in bondage because by that time most people find out it is too late do try to do anything.  You get a nameless operator that tries to console you with aimless rhetoric to help you understand that it will be fine and they will only rip you off for 21 days.

I don't know which idiot in their company came up with this plan but whoever did has cost Ebay and Paypal countless thousands of customers as I read many post saying they our leaving for more suitale sights that treat you like a person and not a number or a large account holder.

Like you, i want my money and I want it now!  Sue!  Sue!  Sue!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.