Be a PayPal Star!

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi! It’s Renee again, from the PayPal Advantage team. People I run into always say, “Oh, you work for PayPal. Isn’t PayPal how you pay for things on eBay?” Well, it is, but it’s so much more! And who better to tell others what PayPal is and what it means for you than YOU, our PayPal Advantage members!

Here’s what you need to do to win one of ten $250 prizes or one of three $1,000 prizes:

1. Upload a 60 second video to YouTube explaining “What is PayPal?”

2. Post your video URL on the community, under the board, “What is PayPal?”

3. Let your peers view and vote by giving their favorite video kudos!

Here’s a video example from one of our own PayPal employees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl28X6dsQ5I

How to post your video:

1. Got to the Community tab

2. Click “Log in or Register”

3. Enter your PayPal account email address and password

4. Read the Advantage Community Agreement

5. Enter a name that will be used as your “handle” or “user ID” in the community

6. Submit your video URL to the folder topic “What is PayPal?”

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

spells77
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there!

I am planning on entering but had a few questions.

First off, when is the deadline?

Also, how much does creativity count, video production value, etc...?

I'm going for the gold...1K!!!

Thanks Rene.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Creativity is always good! The deadline to submit is 11/30. This doesn't need to be something professional, it's more about the message and the substance.

Thanks,

Renee

Login to Me Too

DGates77
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to win more than one of the prizes for this contest?  For example having the most views and top kudos.

Login to Me Too

spells77
Contributor
Contributor

That's another good question DGates...I am in the process of uploading my movie as we speak...I was excited to film it today. 😃  Good luck everyone.

Login to Me Too

tcarocks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal ReneeM,  So how do you vote? Is it the number of views on the youtube counter? thanks, Vicki

Login to Me Too

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The way to vote would be to provide kudos to those posts that you like. (It's the little thumbs up icon at the bottom of the post). Let me know if you are still having trouble. As for views, that would be the you tube counter.

An Advantage member can only win once in each category. See full terms here:

https://www.paypal-promo.com/advantage/1111rules.html 

Thanks!

Renee

Login to Me Too

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there Rene, how are you!?  My name is Bob, and I am new to the community discussion board.  I have been an advantage member for a little while, but have just been so busy that I havent gotten into the community discussion board until now.  I have a couple quick questions regarding the contest-  I have uploaded my (very ammature) "What is Paypal" video to Youtube, and I have posted it to the discussion board.  I noticed a post you made stating the first 30 people to post videos would receive a $25 Ebay gift card.  First, from the looks of the amount of videos posted so far, it looks as though I was in fact one of the first 30 members to post a video, so how/when should we expect the $25 Ebay gift card? (Which is an awesome gift that I will be very appreciative of!)  Second to that, if we do in fact receive the gift card, does that disqualify us from winning the video contest and getting the $250 or $1000 prize??

Also, can you explain again how people will be chosen for the $250 and $1000 prizes?  Is it solely based on how many thumbs up they get?  I guess I'm just not fully understanding, because if it's based on getting "kudos", why would anyone "kudo" someone elses video, if they have made a video of their own that their trying to get kudoed?  Anyhow, like I said, I'm totally new here, so I may be missing something, sorry to be the annoying new guy!  By the way, I guess I should take this opportunity to ask for your vote!  I would be greatly honored to have my first Kudo come from the famous Paypal Rene!  You can find my post in the "What is Paypal" topic, and I hope my typed message associated with my video in the disccusion board can be considered while looking for the video with a good message, as the 1 minute time limit wasn't enough to show how happy I am with Paypal!  Thanks again, and I look forward to posting more in this new community!  Happy Turkey Day!

My What is Paypal video 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thanks Bob! Let me know if I've addressed all of your questions below.

1. eBay gift card: Please email the Advantage mailbox at advantage@paypal.com with your name and address. In the subject line please state Nov Reward: Attn Renee. I will send your gift card out next week. 🙂

2. Receiving the gift card does not disqualify you from the winning any of the other prizes.

3. Yes, the objective is to provide thumbs up to your favorite videos.

4. There are multiple categories that we will be selecting winners for: Most Kudos, Most Views on You Tube and Advantage team selection. Please see my original post for all of the details.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the Advantage Program and enjoy the benefits available to you. Best of luck on your entry!

Renee

Login to Me Too

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

thank you Rene, I have sent the email as instructed, and will patiently await the gift card, thanks!  You have answered all my questions but one- Will the video be DQ'd if it is even 1 second over 60 seconds?  If so please let me know, as I'll have to trim mine to go from 1:01, to 1:00 exactly.  Thank you, and I hope I am one of the winners!  Thanks,

Bob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.