When is the new deadline for merchants to upgrade to PayPal's Merchant Security Roadmap?

TheOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

There were several merchant upgrades that were supposed to be made by today (June 30, 2017) to conform to PayPal's Merchant Security Roadmap: https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1913 but when I checked that page, it says:

"UPDATE:  While we are allowing for these security updates to be made after June 30, 2017, we continue to recommend that you prioritize the changes and updated protocols specified by the PCI Council so you are best positioned to protect your customers from security and fraud-related issues."

Can anyone say when the exact new deadline will be?  I would like to be able to check my PayPal Pro to see if it works after the deadline but I'd need to know when that date is.  I would prefer not to wait until a customer complains that their payment didn't go through and I would prefer not to be testing it every single day.  An exact date would be very nice to know.  Anyone?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

The best thing to do is test your integration in the sandbox.  The security upgrades have already taken place in the sandbox, so if your stuff fails there you'll know you still have adjustments to make.  If it's working fine in the sandbox then you'll be good to go!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.