Sandbox Webhooks don't get fired

Optiroot
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone.

Saying that this is all based in the Sandbox ('cause I can't, actually, use the Live still)

I'm setting up Express Checkout using REST API, or better, using the PayPal REST API php SDK

The payment page is working, so when I "ask" PayPal to give me the URL for the user payment, it works and the user can see the page. Also pay. At the same time in the PayPal LOG (provided from the SDK) I can see that my website had a talk with PayPal without problems.

The user gets redirected in the URL I've setup in the integration and this is all right. But I've set up in my developer dashboard a webhook with a URL that is working, selecting ALL events. But when the user pays and get redirected, nothing happens. Any webhook is getting sent. In fact, even in my developer dashboard and in Sandbox Webhook Events I can't see ANY fired event. Even after days. But using the Mock Webhooks events simulator it works, I receive the Webhook and my system reads it and posts it to PayPal again (even if I know that for simulation the verification doesn't work).

So it's that any events is getting fired from webhooks. I don't understand why. Also I say that in both merchant and buyer sandbox accounts I have the Payment Review setting disabled (I've read somewhere that enabling this setting could've caused some problems to webhooks), but this isn't the case.
What should I do? It's three days that I can't integrate PayPal because of this. Or should I try using IPN?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MajidF
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same issue. I wonder if webhooks are not called at all while in sandbox mode? Maybe that is why there is a simulator?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.