Paypal payment coming with "Payment sale pending" status.

illuminate
Contributor
Contributor

I'm working on a mobile app, where I set the intent of the payment as "SALE", it's working fine with sandbox test account I receive successfull callback with information of the transaction. Meanwhile I set the webhook event "PAYMENT SALE COMPLETED", but it's not being called as in webhooks events all transactions are showing with following status "PAYMENT SALE PENDING". Even though on mobile it's showing me transaction approved but why it's not calling up the webhook with "PAYMENT SALE COMPLETED"?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If the status is "pending" then it's not going to trigger a "completed" webhook. There is a separate webhook for pending you could use which would trigger in those cases, and then the completed hook would trigger when the status updates to completed, so you can automate tasks based on the different status values.

If you're curious why they're getting stuck as pending in the first place then you'll need to check the details of the payment. It should give you info about why it's pending, which could be a fraud filter you have set or something like that.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.