regarding webhook of billing agreement

metadesign2017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to ask few things that is not mentioned in doc regarding billing plan and agreement.

1.what web hook will be received when recurring payment is failed during the subscription?

2. what happen after max_fail_attempts  exhausted, is billing agreement will be cancelled, and which web hook will be sent?

It would be great if you give me advice on every point of the list 🙂
Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

Here is a listing of every possible Webhook event name (Just in case you need it):

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/webhooks/event-names/

If max_fail attempts exhausted the Recurring Billing Profile will be suspended and this is the webhook that is supposed to be sent:

BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.SUSPENDED     A billing agreement is suspended.

Here are the events that lead to max_fail_attempts being exhausted:

1. Payment will be attempted if it fails the payment is listed as skipped
  2. Payment will be attempted a second time if it fails the payment will be listed as skipped
  3. When two payments are listed as skipped max_fail_attempts is incremented to 1
  4. Once max_fail_attempts is incremented to the setting the (such max_fail_attempts=2) profile will suspend
  5. A webhook is generated and sent out (if subscribed to this event) BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.SUSPENDED

I have confirmed that at this time there are no webhooks that are generated when payments skip. You will only receive a webhook event if the Billing Agreement is suspended (if subscribed to the event).

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

metadesign2017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know if there is no web hook for failed payment in billing agreement then how would we inform customers that there payment has been failed.due to specific reason(reason provided by pay pal).

I have also found one more issue on billing agreement, I want to override the base plan for few customers, and in rest api I can see there is few methods also available like setOverrideChargeModels(), setOverrideMerchantPreferences(), but i can not found any document for this.

looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Dhaneshwar

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.