WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

up_yours_P_P
New Community Member

Just now closing my account.  This is shameful.  I hate you, Pay Pal.  Hate, hate, HATE.  

Grow a spine.

Login to Me Too

vtskierdave

Is Paypal just being an A**hole or did the criminal elements in the USDOJ call you with a "suggestion" that you stop anyone from supporting Bradley Manning (uncharged political prisoner in solitary) or Wikileaksvia paypal? Don't really expect an answer from an organization that operates in such a non-transparent manner. Bad business decision it seems - there are lots of customers and former customers with more guts than you tools.

Login to Me Too

edagro
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's explanation after bowing to public pressure and reinstating the Courage to Resist account would be persuasive had it not already shown itself to have no spine when the federal government came calling. I dropped my account to zero months ago, and keep it open only so that I have access to this forum. What exactly is the relationship between ppal and amazon and ebay? I think these three are related, so have refrained from useing the latter two also. And life is not so difficult; I can still find good buys by entering an items name + "buy" in google. Since ppal blocked wikileaks payments, any number of reliable, secure payment sites have opened up Besides being a scairdy cat, the company doesn't know its left hand from its right.The same can be said for the feds.

Login to Me Too

everyday
New Community Member

PayPal is blocking money for Bradley Manning's legal defense. UNBELIEVEABLE. If they don't turn righteous immediately I will pull my account and hope everyone else in the world does the same

Login to Me Too

davidanema
Contributor
Contributor

Why can I still not donate to WikiLeaks? I am the client and DEMAND that my transaction be completed.

There is NO legal basis for the financial blockade, and WikiLeaks has NOT violated the terms of use.

You, PayPal, have given up political neutrality and are in the wrong as a financial institution.

Login to Me Too

bobster
Contributor
Contributor

I applaud PayPal's decision to suspend Wikileaks' account. AFAIAC, Wikileaks is a terrorist organization and Lasange and Manning should both be hanged for espionage. By offering a market for leaked information, Wikileaks is complicit in the theft and misuse of such information. Allowing users to fund this organization would be the same as allowing donations to Al-Queda.

PayPal is not without fault. They do not allow money transfers for certain blade weapons, firearms, ammo or certain firearms accessories which are legal for both the purchaser and seller to possess and transfer to each other (in the US). They are losing a large part of their revenue by "censoring" a legal activity. Anti-gun, suk-butt, liberal weanieness because they can...

But as others have said, "If you don't like it, you don't have to use it." And by prohibiting donations to an organization based on theft, such as Wikileaks, PayPal has done the right thing.

Many people rely on the ability to conduct commerce and send and receive payments without having to have an agreement with a credit card company (and related monthly service charges) and PayPal permits this capitalism.

Login to Me Too

mhead110
Contributor
Contributor

is Paypal still refusing to send money to wikileaks?

Login to Me Too

yfdgjr
Contributor
Contributor

I support wikileaks. They are not a threat, nor are they a terrorist organization. Blocking users to send their own money as donations to wikileaks is an infringment on freedom of speech. I have been a paypal customer for many years. I am contacting them today and letting them know that unless they change their policy, I will be deactivating my account, cutting up my paypal debit card and severing all ties with paypal, ebay and other affiliated organizations like half.com

Login to Me Too

XIPRELAY

to actually get some customer service reps in the united states ?

seriously ?

Also, i support wikileaks, what amazon and paypal have done to them is over the line.

Login to Me Too

benny89
I agree what does a person do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.