WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

MissScarlett
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I've just heard Mr PayPal in an interview on BBC's World Service. He is very highly educated and doesn't come across as a conservative redneck. Quite the opposite, in fact; he describes himself as a liberal!

In which case, if we take him at his word, we have to assume that SOMEONE has been exerting ENORMOUS pressure on him.

Unfortunately, the interview didn't cover this latest contretemps -- maybe it had been recorded before it all blew up -- or has SOMEONE exerted ENORMOUS pressure on the BBC??? Heaven forfend!

Most of us would expect **bleep** to freeze over before that could happen. After all, the prog about corruption in FIFa was shown 3 days before the vote re hosting the World Cup -- and the winner was that Mafia country, Russia!

Login to Me Too

I agree with you and will be closing my account with these unAmerican money changers  I gave a donation to Wikileaks through paypal last week I hope it was sent before they became part of the neo police state.

Login to Me Too

mecks90210

Haven't used ebay since like 2003, so not much use closing down there. Closing my amazon account's going to make christmas shopping harder, but it'll be worth it. I'm just glad I got a nook and not a kindle.

Login to Me Too

FreedomFIGHTER
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't agree more. This should not be taken lightly.

Login to Me Too

whooosh
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal,

I have been with you since your beginning as a humble startup. You had some rough edges that needed polished, and some kinks that I've lived with. But  I stayed with you throughout the years, the good times and the bad.

Today, I realized that true side of you that I cannot ignore. A deal breaker that's too hard to swallow. I'm disappointed by your decision against Wikileaks. I can no longer stand by you because of what you've become. You stand up for the corrupt, in doing so, you help silence the voices that needs to be heard.

I would be more accepting of your actions if you treated 'illegal' groups equally. Why not ban KKK groups from accepting donations, or known sex offenders from using your site? How about pirating sites that accept donations?  No court has ruled that Wikileaks has done anything illegal, how can you make a judgment because the government said so? Where is the justice in that?

Sad to say, the US is ran by corporations, and you are a Billion++ dollar corp. You have more power than the government does. How are they able to influence your decisions this way? You can say no, and they can't touch you. How is the US government different from China's communism 20-30 years ago if you let this happen? You let this happen now, and tomorrow the government will secretly let another company consume you. Just like they did with the banks behind closed doors. (ie, Wachovia/Wells Fargo, WaMu/Chase)

Login to Me Too

DIZZY1948
New Community Member

I for one have already started to look at other options including Google checkout and plan to donate to any and all groups that will help this man and anyone who helps him in his exposing companies, governments , and criminals worldwide.   Real human and companies need to get behind this man and what he is doing.  

Login to Me Too

DIZZY1948
New Community Member

Not only is this act anti american it is against the law but then when did any rich corperation or government agency get slapped with charges when they can buy the courts.   Americans need to stand up and stop using EBAY and PAYPAL

Time for all real humans to fight for there rights and end the criminals acts of our government., corperations and political agents and demand that other countries stop there illegal acts.   This is a very simple things to do,  you just tell them that we are going to put an embrago on any and all merchandise from that country and they can no longer get and US aid or merchandise from the USA.   

Login to Me Too

TheApostle
Contributor
Contributor

First, I'll question why you *think* (used loosely) that "conservatives" are against transparency and truth?  Maybe the "conservatives" like the president and secretary of state aren't really "conservatives."

In all reality, it's probably easier for PayPal to just do what they are told by the government, who could open up any number of cans of "woopazz" on them in terms of regulation and investigation, all costly litigation, rather than just wait and see if they did in fact violate anyones rights and pay out the account and a few easy million in penalties.

I would love to blame PayPal, but when I look at mine, and any number of mutual funds, pensions, or other investment tools based on stocks, I see a lot of corporations doing what most stockholders would immediately consider evil, immoral, and illegal - things they would never do for a dollar.  I'd have to say put your money where your mouth is... look at your investments, everyday consumption, and way of life.  I'm sure this transgression by PayPal is among the more insignificant "bad things" you use.

Login to Me Too

bbakersmith
Contributor
Contributor

@TheApostle: PayPal may be less evil than your mutual funds - I invest in a select few companies which I have respect for, so this doesn't apply to me - but reducing or boycotting use of PayPal to protest this nasty precedent is a simple and straightforward way to make a statement. Just because there are "more evil" things out there doesn't mean this isn't an important issue. Major corporations already run our government, we can't allow them to infringe on individual rights directly.

Login to Me Too

edagro
Contributor
Contributor

What I did when PP first showed they had no backbone was to take out all my funds from PP but leave the account open, my little bit of drain on their servers. there are other ways to transfer $ over the net. You might want to help also by supporting courage to resist and joiniong in the iam.bradlymanning dot org project

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.