WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

haze2
New Community Member

Why would PayPal wade into this controversial issue.

They either wade out of it quickly or we will use alternative payment for the Holidays.

Login to Me Too

edagro
Contributor
Contributor

@haze2 wrote:

Why would PayPal wade into this controversial issue.

They either wade out of it quickly or we will use alternative payment for the Holidays.

My guess is because they folded at a visit from the FBI. The only thing is to boycott until paypal shows some spine.

Login to Me Too

dimmer7878
Contributor
Contributor

I applaud paypal for standing against wikileaks.  Way to go!!!

Login to Me Too

adrianrf
Contributor
Contributor

sigh... another leather-breeches-wearing Authoritarian whitewinger exposes its anti-Constitutional trollhide

Login to Me Too

mcyclonegt
Contributor
Contributor

This is Americaa. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. I guess that does not apply anymore. What a shame. Paypal should not get tied up in politics. No one talks about the politicians that may be commiting crimes.

Login to Me Too

chalket

I will join you in the boycott and I urge you all to include eBay in the boycott (same owners, same attitude). I consider Assange and WikiLeaks as heroes, performing a great service and if the Feds are embarrassed by it, so be it.

Login to Me Too

mowgli2071

there needs to be a competior to paypal, so I can do what I need to do, without supporting censorship.

Login to Me Too

axelmuller
Contributor
Contributor

I just found this blog that lists quite a few PayPal alternatives:

http://blog.webdistortion.com/2010/07/28/paypal-alternatives-e-commerce/

Login to Me Too

Disgraceful behaviour from Paypal, Amazon, Mastercard, Visa & Tableau Software. 

I'm looking for alternatives to all. Suggestions most welcome. The most effective way

to make your dissatisfaction heard is to act - stop using paypal, amazon and the others.

There are many alternatives to paypal like Google Checkout- see here.

Login to Me Too

r00t4rd3d
Contributor
Contributor

So when is Hillary Clintons paypal going to be frozen ?

The cables have shown us she demanded from her diplomats to know the secrets of other countries. Getting the credit card info , frequent flier information , etc from other countries diplomats is not illegal ?

Whats good for the goose,  is good for the gander.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.